What do you think about James Charles' Controversy?

What do you guys think about James Charles’ Controversy? I’m not sure, but I think he lost 500k+ subs already, (This post isn’t meant to hate or offend on anyone)

6 Likes

What? Why? Why’d he lose subs, what happened? :thinking: I’ve only watched one video of him but he seems nice…

5 Likes

the trans men thing or the met gala thing?

3 Likes

What what what? Which either who when what? :joy::joy::skull::thinking:

4 Likes

James recently said something along the lines of “I’m not completely gay because I like trans men.”

that implies that trans men aren’t completely men. which is insentive, insulting, and invalidating.

he also recently attended the Met Gala and tweeted something like “What a huge step forward for influencer representation in the media!”

people were insulted because he implied influencers were a marginalized group of sorts when they directly work in media.

8 Likes

personally, I believe people are overreacting about the Met Gala.

I think James just said something a bit ditzy, but had no terrible intentions. it was just insensitive and unintelligent, but not cruel.

on the other hand, I believe he completely deserves the backlash for what he said about trans men. he’s getting none of my pity for that.

4 Likes

Who is James Charles?

9 Likes

Oh god here we go

1. Tati Incident
    He’s friends with another beauty guru called Tati and she has her own vitamin pill brand and James supported Tatis competition another vitamin brand on his instagram and Tati has always supported James on her channel so posted a video of her in tears as she felt betrayed

2. Tour prices
    He released his tour tickets and VIP were over 500 pounds for just a meet and greet a little goodie bag and MAYBE front row seats. Whereas others like Jeffree Star has VIP tickets for 100 - 250 (not sure of exact price) which included breakfast with him, over 350 pounds of makeup and certain front row seats and some other stuff I can’t remember

3. Ebola incident
    James posted on twitter saying “I can’t believe we’re going to Africa today omg what if we get Ebola” which is now deleted due to so much backlash

4. Australia meet-up
    James turned up over 2 hours late to a meet and greet leaving people out in the sun with no shade and when he did show up he talked for around 10 mins did a q and a then left

15 Likes

a YouTube/Instagram personality that many makes videos about makeup.

he’s also one of the faces of the CoverGirl makeup line.

7 Likes

He’s a male makeup artist who is considered gay but I guess he’s ‘not completely gay’? He has a YouTube channel.

7 Likes

@Starlynn
@_haruka
Thanks for telling :lips::ear:

3 Likes

Weren’t there a few things to do with the way he treated his ex too…

2 Likes

Tati shared more things right?

Anyone who watched the vid? I have short attention span so I couldn’t sit through 43 minute video :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Him, I was surprised to see him at the Gala.

5 Likes

Pftth… I don’t watch that stuff, but it seems interesting

5 Likes

Same, very intresting.

2 Likes

Well I don’t really blame Tati for making that video on him since Gabriel Zamora made a video on her and told her to make a video.And Gabriel pretty much made a fool of himself once again because James apologized anyway.

So basically this was what i remembered in the video for those who didn’t watch:

• Tati and her Husband helped James get to where he is (reviewing contracts, putting him on tatis channel, helping him get commission blah blah blah
  • James promoted those vitamins which he claimed was in exchange for security which made no sense because he’s obviously still under contract and can afford security. Not onloy that but said he hated the company and the ingredients
  • James liked to boast about being able to turn straight guys gay, at their dinner party he talked about how he wanted to do inappropriate things with the waiter. Tati said “he’s straight” And James said “its okay I’m a celebrity”
7 Likes

All I know from James Charles is ‘hEy sHiStErS’. :rofl:

4 Likes

he’s a snake :relieved: i don’t respect or support him.

7 Likes

Preach girl, I never liked James Charles, he always seemed shady to me :poop:

4 Likes