What do you think about mafia stories?

I am currently writing a story about the mafia with lots of love and drama. What do you think about them in general?

4 Likes

I like mafia stories, with a lot of action, less romancing, MORE ACTION!

11 Likes

I agree!!!

1 Like

Me 2

2 Likes

I have read a lot of mafia books (episode or not) and to me at least they tend to get repetitive and boring. Any books that are memorable are few and far between

7 Likes

Yea that’s true. Some of them are very boring because there is always the same stuff

2 Likes

If you want your mafia story to be memorable you have to bring something new to the table

1 Like

Girl I have MAAAANY ideas which I personally think are very innovative :slight_smile:

yes, something more butt kicking, with more action.

1 Like

ACTION, ACTION, ACTION! lol

1 Like

lol, like okay, let’s say you watch John Wick, he did all of tht cuz of the idiot who messed with his car, and dog. THATS BUTT KICKING XD

3 Likes

you can also check out Taken, guy got framed for killing his wife, daughter, was kidnap, blah blah.

Something new to bring the table, welp, I’m currently out of ideas. Hm…

1 Like

I have yet to read a mafia story that I enjoyed, tbh. :slightly_frowning_face: To me it feels like a solid second in the list of overused-Episode-tropes, after BadBoys™. :weary: As Parix said, you’ve gotta bring something new, and make your story extra special, since we’ve already got Chain Reaction lol.

I could complain about the immorality of mafia stories, but when I think about it, my picky ass doesn’t read anything that: involves bad boys, involves millionaires, has an over-sexualised cover, is in the romance section, has a single grammatical mistake in the description, or focuses on high schoolers, college students, or a job, so wtf do I even read lmao. So take my opinion with a grain of salt lmao.

11 Likes

I agree, MJ really did bring it out. The comedy, action, romance, pretty good. :raised_hands::100:

2 Likes

I think they’re overused and somewhat cliche, especially if authors are using the romance route. I’d advise to make it more memorable and unique. What’s your target audience though?

5 Likes

Overrated… sorry

7 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

I agree with you, many of them are so banal and repetitive. Mine is more drama and action with a bit of romance. But I have many ideas to make it different from others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same, and if it has no cliches.

1 Like

As long as they don’t view toxic relationship in a Romantic way I don’t mind them!!

3 Likes