What do you think of my story idea?

So I need some feedback on my storyline. My story idea is:

You are a young girl who is abused, and your only escape is music. You make covers on YouTube and Instagram. What happens when one goes viral? Plot twist: You’re a single mother without any parenting help.

If you have event/storyline ideas, let me know :slight_smile:

Hmm… It sounds pretty good and I would probably read it but the single parenting thing just isn’t my cup of tea. I would suggest showing her dealing with depression or suicidal thoughts/self harming in a way that doesn’t glorify it. And maybe the use of emotive hardcore, or ‘emo’, music could really set the scene.
Overall, 8/10 idea that could be great, but I personally wouldn’t read it if the young girl had to deal with her child… Maybe have it be her sibling?

Doesn’t sound that bad

I decided that the single parenting was a bit much, so I deleted that part. xD I chose a sibling, instead. Specifically one that went missing when she was younger, and she’s still looking for him. Does that sound better?

Yes!! Thanks for reading my suggestion :slight_smile: Feel free to ask me for anything, I’ll help if I can. Can you tell me when it’s published? I can’t wait to read it.

1 Like

I decided to change it into her being the only girl in the entire world with superpowers. There’s this guy that hates her guts, but is a huge fan of the superhero her. Then, he finds out her secret but doesn’t tell her that he knows. :3 I literally cannot make up my mind, but I think this is the final choice.

He isn’t telling her because he wants her to start liking him, without her thinking that he just wants her because she is a superhero. You get what I mean? :joy:

Yeah, but he hates her because of bad rumors, but then he realizes that she’s actually a really person and he didn’t give her the chance to show it

I think your idea is great. It’s different and one of a kind.

I would change the parent bit, maybe she have a younger sibling? But I like it anyway.

Closing due to inactivity :slight_smile: