What do you think of teen pregnancy stories?

Exactly what the title says.

5 Likes

I mean very iffy
like i dont thinks its smart … or a good idea at all

but I ain’t going to hate

i have friends who are teen moms
and their actually really good at being a mom

5 Likes

Yeah I understand what you mean. It’s not something that someone should be judged for but it shouldn’t be promoted either.

3 Likes

exactly
as long as the story is not promoting teen pregnancy or bad decisions
I’m fine with it personally

5 Likes

Bump!

This really went ahead and flopped😑

2 Likes

I think if they are written pretty great, then I don’t really mind it. But it also depends if they glorify it or not, because teen pregnancy is not really something that should be promoted. something like that lol it shouldnt make it seem like you should get pregnant as a teen

1 Like

I’m not a fan in general when the MC gets pregnant and I usually click off when they do

2 Likes

idk, i don’t really like pregnancy stories in general, unless it’s at the end. but yeah, especially teen ones, like just no… rn i’m a teen i just can’t imagine being a mom. like ik some people who are teen moms rn & i’m all for that, i think they’ll be great , but most cases just end up terribly & people should really wait until they’re much older. not shame them, but not something to be cheered or glorified or promoted.

3 Likes

Bumpppp

I dont like pregnancy stories and teen pregnancy stories tend to make me feel uncomfortable im fine with them being there as long as they dont glorify it in anyway (which is what most episode stories do anyway)

1 Like

well, as said, it shouldnt be promoted but a person shouldn’t be put down or shouldnt be ashamed because of it. if they potray the story well, then i’ll definitely read it. There are alot of teen mom’s and they have done a great job at raising their child and if i were in their shoes, i could never. and it’s good when they show the difficulties and everything the person is going throughout the pregnancy.

1 Like

Yeah I agree. No teen should feel ashamed of getting pregnant but it definitely should not be glorified because I would doubt it would be a very nice experience to go through when you’re so young.

1 Like

Only time I rlly hate teen pregnancy stories is when they are in stories that not about it at all… and it’s just there to add drama.

I hope that made sense

1 Like

Yeah that totally makes sense. I hate when they just throw it into a story to create drama. It’s a very serious situation and I hate when authors put it in just to stir up tension.

1 Like

tbh im always kind of surprised when people complain about pregnancy in stories bc I’ve read maybe one story that included it. maybe I just dont read enough lol. theres some cute new maternity tops out so who knows maybe this is a good time to write one.

now personally, i would read a story if it was written like secret life or juno where teen pregnancy is a main drive of the story, but idk how I’d feel if it was added as just a side story to a background character. but I guess if they really worked it into the chapters and didnt just mention it and drop the conflict altogether I guess it would be fine

1 Like