What do you think of these custom spotlight avatars?

Hey guys! So I’m making a story in Spotlight with the avatars based on the style of Choices. These are custom avatars I plan to use as overlays in the game - NOT COMPLETE! What do you think?

MC Angry MC Sad
MC Neutral MC Happy MC Surprised

EDIT: MC’S BFF! :two_hearts:

Neutral Brylee

EDIT: Finally figured out how to make it work! :two_hearts:

15 Likes

These look amazing! What a creative idea!

2 Likes

I think they look great maybe just the last one looks a tiny bit off around one eye but that’s just being picky.

2 Likes

Yes I was thinking that! I’ll try to fix it, but thank you <3

1 Like

I like them. The nexagon shape is nice. Are you planning to outline the bubbles?

1 Like

Oh thats a good idea but i’m not sure how I would do that?

1 Like

Well, if you’re looking for any tips, there’s this old thread where people have shared what they’ve done and their processes and so it might help you: [POLL] Introducing CUSTOMIZED SPOTLIGHT! (Well... kinda.)

1 Like

those look so cute! they remind me of choice’s style.

1 Like

Ooh thanks so much! This will be such a big help

1 Like

Ye that’s what I was going for! I really like that style so I made it for episode hehe

2 Likes

woah! cool! how did you make these?

2 Likes

So basically:

1. I made the hexagonal outline as a base and filled each with colours for emotions and saved them as templates
  2. I got my character and made her a png using this https://online.photoscissors.com and added her ontop and also added clothing from the clothing section in the ‘Art Catalog’ on writer’s portal
  3. I made each facial expression by like moving different parts of the face and filling in any gaps

Hope that helps! :sweat_smile: :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I made the MC’s BFF Today! Tell me what you guys think :heartpulse: :sweat_smile:

Surprised Brylee Sad Brylee Neutral Brylee Angry Brylee
Happy Brylee

5 Likes

They look super good!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

These look cool! I hope we end up getting those backgrounds in Spotlight.

1 Like

Aw thanks! Yeah i really like this smaller hexagonal shape than what we currently have :smiley:

1 Like

So I finally figured out how to use this!!

6 Likes

It really works well!

3 Likes