What do you think of this idea?

Okay, so I have been watching so many DDLC (Doki Doki Literature Club) videos lately. And I thought, why not make a story inspired by it?

If you’re thinking, “No! You don’t have the rights to copy the whole thing!”. Well, I’ve been thinking on making it INSPIRED by it, not copied. I was thinking of something like:

Some characters in the story know they are in a game, so they try to “destroy” the reader to be free from being controlled will all these choices and stuff.

What do you think? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sorry, what? This isn’t an RP…

Sorry… Meant to send it to someone else…

Oh, you had me confused for a sec, Maya. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hehe, sorry…

I think its a great idea, and as long as your not copying anything, you should be good to go.

1 Like

I have no idea if it IS considered copying if I include the ‘self-aware that they’re in a game’ kind of thing. I’d really like to do this kind of story since I think it may be unique in the Episode community and plus I’ll enjoy writing it!

1 Like

inspired is fine. I get inspired by stories too. vampire diaries is inspired by twilight. divigernet is inspired by hunger games and maze runners

2 Likes

You should do it! Is it going to be a dating simulator like DDLC?

2 Likes

I don’t think it is copying. It does have characters in a game kind of thing but it isnt copying, its inspiring.

@Himeji story RPG is inspired by a video game and she did incredible awesome if im not mistaken.

2 Likes

Actually, I planned for it to be something like a normal story at first, your average probably “cliché” kind of story. Then, after a few episodes the fun part comes! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hmm… :thinking: :thinking: I’ll probably start writing it after a few days or so.

1 Like

do it! :raised_hands::100:

I still have no idea if I could do the glitch part, is there any threads which teaches how to do glitching scenes or something like that?

1 Like

Sounds interesting! (Maybe send me a link when it’s published? :smiley: )
As long as you won’t make it too similar, it should be fine.

Isn’t there a person who you can ask if that’s okay to take inspiration/ how much you can make it similar?

2 Likes

Hm, I don’t think so. Not tht I know of. :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Sure! I’ll send you the link before I publish if you want? That way you can tell me some errors and feedback! :blush:

2 Likes

That would be great! :smiley: :+1:

I’m tired of seeing the same 3 story plots, so it would be amazing to read something new :blush:

1 Like

Just don’t make the begging/ “cliche”/ average part too long, or picky readers like me will exit the story before coming to the “better” part :blush: :smiley:

1 Like

Can you send it to me too? I’ll happily proofread it!

1 Like