What do you think?

Hey! Everyone.

I’m here again. But this not for a query but a question?
What do you guys want to read in a new author’s story as in their first ever story?
Do you want to read a story that will reach your heart or just a story that is meant to be for entertainment (every story is for enjoyment I know but whatever).
Do you want a plot based story or a story where the characters development is must?
Or do you want both of them in it?
Do you want great directing or basic directing will do?
Um… Do you want a lot of choices in it or less choices will do?

I know I might be frustating you all with these questions
But I’m just curious.
I want to write a story that would make the readers say wow!
Even if it doesn’t get much reads.
Feel free to tell me what do you think.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Splashes and good directing. This always surprise to me about a new story.

-A story reaching the heart makes me want to keep reading because I can either relate or knows someone who can relate.
-both
-basic is good if the plot is great for your first story, try basic.
-less choices will do. again, for the first story, complex choices is hard to do.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @AMANI182-EPISODEEEEE

of course!

Moved to Episode Fan Community as this is an Episode-specific post :v:t2:

Thanks @Ryan

1 Like

And what length of the chapters do you prefer?
My chapters are about 1200 or above.
Is it enough?

1 Like

Do you want to read a story that will reach your heart or just a story that is meant to be for entertainment?
Rather a story for entertainment, because I’m not the emotional kind. Whoever can reach my heart is really a genius :smiley: But I think most of the readers are looking for both depending on their mood.
Do you want a plot based story or a story where the characters development is must? Or do you want both of them in it?
My focus is usually on the characters. Well-written, interesting characters always keep me engaged with a story, but of course a good plot makes it even better.
Do you want great directing or basic directing will do?
I think basic directing is fine until there are no annoying bugs like characters talking without animations or constantly facing in the wrong direction. I’ve read some stories where I was simply amazed by the directing techniques, but I have no idea how people do it. Boy, I suck at directing after coding for almost a year.
Do you want a lot of choices in it or less choices will do?
I like choices that are either funny and entertaining or have some impact on the story. But I would rather read a story with no choices at all than one with a lot of pointless choices and 5 minutes long dress-up games three times per episode.

3 Likes

Well neither am I good in coding
I have been coding for like 2 weeks or something.
And I know how to do the basics and from 2 days I have been trying to do advanced coding.
But I literally suck at that.
Well I can get better, Anybody can though
And thanks for replying @Annieways

1 Like

Sure, you will definitely get better. I remember when I first tried to use overlays and I got stuck at a scene for like 3 days. Now I know a lot of codes by heart, which really makes it easier and faster. Good luck!

1 Like

Read above

I don’t mind if chapters are long.

Thanks for the reply.
I’ll be adding more meaningful choices now.

Um… What about the first three chapters?
We can’t show everything in the first three chapters though.
So, how do we attract readers to continue reading that story.

No problem. I am not sure what everyone else thinks but people should not be pressured to do a lot of choices. My feeling is if you could give me like one or two meaningful choices per chapter, I’m happy.

Okay then!

I think this is always the hardest part. At the beginning you have to find the way to present your characters in a “non-annoying” way (I mean with minimum narration) and also describe (I mean show) what the story is about. You have to make sure your first chapters are interesting enough that people will continue reading, but you have to do it without spoiling the whole plot. I totally understand why authors tend to make excuses and say “chapters will get better after episode x”, but I advise you not to do it. Try your best then let the readers decide if your first episodes are interesting enough for them or not. (I actually started my new story with apologizing for like 10 lines in a pretty sarcastic way, but I don’t think people got my sarcasm, because it is barely getting any reads :smiley:)

So you are basically implying that you should show what you have got without so many narrations, but with interesting plotting. right?

Yes, something like that. If I have to stare on some background for long minutes while the author is explaining the plot, I will quit. I like the well-written, short narrations, but I usually prefer to build as many things as possible in a dialogue or a flashback,

2 Likes

I understand.