What Do You Wanna See (or not see) for SQUAD?

Hey guys! :smile: Seeing as the new Creator’s Contest was recently announced, I wanted to know what you all may want to see or are most EXCITED to see in stories that fit this new ‘theme’.

Whether it’s a group of diverse characters or a particular genre you’re anxious for authors to explore, let me know :wink: I for one expect a lot of mystery related stories because what’s more popular than a group of unique characters solving a mystery together? (You can even comment what you’re dreading to see and hope authors don’t include in their entries.)

8 Likes

I’m excited for the potential adventure, mystery, and slice of life stories that are going to come out of this contest.

Are you planning to write anything?

3 Likes

Same here. I am planning to write and enter seeing as I didn’t get a chance for the other past contests. And this seems like a fair amount of time to. My only issue is deciding on an idea I feel people would be drawn to. What about you? Are you planning on entering? :grin: And is there anything you don’t want to see?

2 Likes

Most episode cliches. I feel this theme is perfect to draw such content. Thus I’m shaking my head.

Also mystery stories. Idk, I guess I’m not the one to follow the crowd. Seeing alot of comments “Ooh mystery…mystery…mystery.” I mean let’s branch out and think out of the box. It’s a free genre afterall so if alot are going for mystery, what would make our own squad mystery contest entry ‘better than another?’

2 Likes

I’m entering too with this idea I’ve had for awhile now. I’m going to try to do my first fantasy story with adventure, drama, slice of life, mystery, etc. elements within the mix. I just did the covers for it, so I cannot wait.

Personally, I’m open minded to any type of story tbh. The contest is very broad, so I think there’s nothing that would bother me. All I care about at the end of the day is if it had good quality or not.

2 Likes

What really interests me is that this contest has no set genre. I can’t wait to read some mystery, fantasy, thriller and/or horror, action, and comedy stories! I wonder what people are gonna come up with :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m actually pretty excited for this contest. It would be my first story and contest that I’d be entering. I have a couple stories in progress but I’ve had more ideas come to mind in minutes for this contest, than I had with my others for months :joy:.

3 Likes

That’s how I am atm. I’ve had this idea for a story with 5 MCS including your own, and I think it would work perfectly for this theme. Unfortunately, I’m debating on whether I should enter or not. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I wish to see more slice of life stories that makes me feels good reading it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe a dynamics of people living in a dorm together.

2 Likes

I really want to see some crime fighting and/or investigating. So I’m keeping my eyes peeled for the action, mystery & horror sections :crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes

i want to see a story that doesn’t have a happy ending

4 Likes

I want to see diversity in the Squads!! Each character in the squad should be different and unique.

I wouldn’t want to see squads that bully characters in the story. That’s not cool.

4 Likes

I think you should go for it :hugs:! But at the end of the day, it’s your decision on what makes you comfortable.

3 Likes

Aww, thanks! I just might! :smile:

3 Likes

I completely agree. I hope authors take this opportunity to expand their horizons and not just look towards the mystery genre for their success although if you can write a great mystery, still go for it. I just don’t want see it flooded. I had somewhat of a science fiction adventure idea, but the way I’m envisioning would take so much coding which I don’t excel in at all. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about an Episode contest. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like
  • Super Hero Vs Villian Squad

• Evil Vs Evil Squad

• Crime Fighting Squad

• Elf Squad Stories - let’s get some stories with elfs as the main characters.

• Solving Mystery Puzzle (someone stole something in a museum, and u n yr friends are like figuring out the puzzle on who took the item and where.)

• Horror Squad Stories (lets say your peers was on a camping trip, and their bus broke down, and they are in the middle of no where, in the forest, and they came across a suspicious cave or something that leads to somewhere dangerous, and will they find their way out, etc.

Whatever idea comes to your mind, do it, work on it, don’t include no cliches, think outside the box, this is an all genre stories, whatever genre you feel comfortable writing in, you write! .

5 Likes

Weird combination, but I want to see some horror stories! :stuck_out_tongue: I would also love to see more diversity between friends.

2 Likes

I’d LOVE to see & read wholesome friendship stories!
Like a group of friends that has their distinct personalities & habits and yet get along well kind of friendship.
There aren’t many on Episode…
And maybe some cool action ones too!

5 Likes