What do you want in a story?

Hello, I am currently making a story and I have decided to include the episode community in the process. I would like to know what you would like to see or what would you want in a story, and what makes a bad story and what makes a good story.
Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Well I guess for me when I read a story I honestly don’t mind cliches, I mean who doesn’t love a bad boy story? Although they do get annoying sometimes but I recommend if your doing a cliche story to somehow make it different and unique.
I also enjoy stories that have really good character development. Obviously no ones perfect and it’s nice to see an MC’s flaws and how he/she overcomes them to improve themselves better.

What I don’t like in stories are seeing the same scenes over again. For example, MC is running late and bumps into love interest. Again cliche plots are fine but doing it the same way as everyone else is not!

2 Likes

Some angst, some heartbreak, some character death (sorry, not sorry lol)

What makes a story bad is bad spelling/grammar. Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand if the Author’s mother tongue isn’t English but it doesn’t hurt, for anyone, to have someone proofread and check for such things

1 Like

A deep and realistic storyline

2 Likes

Moved Episode Fan Community since it doesn’t fit into any of the Creator’s Corner subforums. Here’s a link to a topic that may interest you: What makes a ‘bad story’? :wink:

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

relatable characters

2 Likes

A good character development, interesting plots and unique storylines. And most importantly, diversity :smiley:

2 Likes