What do you want to see in Teacher / Student stories?

So yes, I’m writing another Teacher/Student story. I’m aware that they are highly controversial and some people are turned off by them. However there are millions of reads on Teacher stories, so I know there is still a reader market for them. If you have an issue with these stories I don’t need your input, but if you do enjoy forbidden romances, I’d love to hear your input.

In order to prepare for writing the story, I’ve read through a couple of the most popular ones like The Teacher, He is My Teacher, Bad Professor and Teach Me. I understand there are plenty of cliches when it comes to this topic, from what I’ve read, my plot line is fairly different then these. The MC is not living with her teacher and they don’t meet and fall in love before they find out he will be her teacher. The story is a slow burn romance that builds on tension, it doesn’t have them sleeping together in the 3rd episode. There’s no cringey typical wattpad moments, it’s simply a forbidden romance. I want to ensure to everyone that this story will be well written and well directed, unlike some stories I’ve read. Customizable MC and LI and there will be a secondary LI, I’m writing it in LL.

I will say I am following a fairly traditional plot line but I think the story requires it and as this is my first story I want to explore those themes before getting complicated. I really want people to enjoy this story as I have enjoyed others similar to it, like The Tutor by Jasmine Dee (a fantastic forbidden love story, she’s an incredible writer). Would love to hear the communities thoughts on this and am welcome to suggestions :slight_smile:

*OBVIOUSLY THE MC IS 18+ AND EVERYTHING IS CONSENSUAL AND LEGAL

5 Likes

I enjoy forbidden romances but this is illegal. I know you said no input from someone who doesn’t like them but I am going to anyway. You should have the teacher get rightfully arrested and the MC moving on from being groomed by her teacher.

6 Likes

I should have noted obviously both the characters will be the consenting age, I know this doesn’t change much for people with this view but I thought I would put it out there

1 Like

I love your ideas! I think that you’ve pretty much covered everything; I don’t think I need to add anything except this: Try not to romanticize the idea of “desire” and “wanting” and “lust” and all that sort of thing; that’s an unhealthy relationship. You should love someone because you do, not because of an interest in being a rebel, or wanting to do something forbidden. Not that you’re doing anything wrong, just wanted to add that because many authors make that mistake in forbidden romances.

6 Likes

It won’t change peoples opinions it is not something you should try for your first story you will get hated on but if you are ok with that then fine. Consenting age is sixteen (in most places) but it would still be wrong. I am not hating on you I am just saying what a lot of people will say in a nicer way than they would. Also adults can be groomed too.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the input! I totally agree and I’ll for sure keep that in mind!

2 Likes

I agree. It’s terrible.

2 Likes

Also I don’t want to see ANYTHING in t/s stories.

3 Likes

I hope to god you don’t write this story romanticizing sexual assault

5 Likes

In all honestly, I stopped reading these stories. By the way, no matter how old they are, even if it’s consensual, it’s illegal. So every single teacher/student story is very inaccurate. So really, authors are portraying illegal relationships.

11 Likes

No- just - gags

2 Likes

Yes stan

2 Likes

This! Also, illegal relationships r against the guidelines so… :persevere:

6 Likes

ANOTHER?? Please delete the other one.

4 Likes

Wait, if it’s against guidelines to put illegal relationships in stories, why are they even on Episode!? I’m confused :thinking:

6 Likes

Episode is absolute sh!t at enforcing the rules

6 Likes

Especially to popular authors with loads of reads

4 Likes

What’s the point of putting guidelines at this point

2 Likes

Hey, I’ve noticed what others have written on this topic and I must say, if this is a highschool student and teacher we’re talking about, then it would be illegal regardless of age. However, if it were to take place in a COLLEGE, it wouldn’t be as bad.

Here’s something I found on a google search

Basically college students are adults, and so are the professors. Like the page says, it’s not exactly looked up upon for college professors to date students, but it wouldn’t be illegal.
I don’t know what the original plan for you story was, but if it indeed is a slow burn and pure romance with no physical harassment involved, then as long as it’s a college story you should be fine. :blush:

4 Likes

It’s still disgusting and stupid.