What Do You Wish There were More Stories About?

I want to see more stories like the fantasy ones where the mc is in a land that has modern things but the architecture and clothing are more traditional and medieval. I want to see one where the mc follows the traditional values of this place. Eventually, the mc would learn about magic and how things would be different. I know there are some of these but most of them are very quick or not well written.

4 Likes

I would definitely read stories about underrated jobs, there’s always been a hospital scene in almost every story but like what about the doctors lives? The nurses? Maybe like the life of a housekeeper :joy: that would be funny. But underrated jobs if ya know what I mean.

4 Likes

I love to write more fantasy stories where its not so heavy on romantic drama and more focused on royal/fantasy/life drama (I’m not so skilled in romance drama and its overused)

Something tells me my readers are going to ship the main two characters but I don’t see them as a couple of any kind XD (besides friends ofc)

I would like to read more fantasy too its ok to have a prince/whatever romance as long as its not the main focus

2 Likes

Yeah, I definitely agree, my story is similar to what you just mention it’ called Breaking Boundaries the mc doesn’t really believe in romance it’s a slow burner it mainly focus on her goal in doing football :football:

Was thinking of adding a option for readers to remains friends at the end our continued there relationship :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll definitely read this!

1 Like

I’d love to read more historical stories that are set before the victorian era. For example a Roman Empire story. I’d write one myself but the lack of outfits is stopping me

5 Likes

Yess I agree! I love those types of stories! If ya need a couple of good reads you can pm me

5 Likes

Stories about older characters, like +50, I feel like it would be a nice change of pace beyond the teenage narratives we read. Idk, I’m 20 and sometimes get frustrated with the high school dynamics, and bored about the unrealistic settings for adults, like, not everyone is gonna be CEO of a huge company…

I really aprecciate stories like “To Feel Alive”, where the M.C struggles to find her place in the world, because honestly that’s something everyone experiences. (The characters are on their 30’s and there are reasonable feelings of lost and uneasines and it feels very relatable because growing up doesn’t really solve your problems and you don’t magically get engaged to a mafia boss or whatever…

7 Likes

i want a story where you get to be the episode bad boy, like not the main character but the brooding distant LI

2 Likes

Same here! I wanted a write a story in Ancient Egypt so bad, but there were no good clothes so I shifted my story and it’s part Hellenistic Egypt and part modern days. I’m still happy with it but I have so many ideas for historical stories I can’t write… T_T

1 Like

Good drama stories! And no, crazy exes and abusive partners and families are not what I have in mind.
And honestly, not every story has to be about love.

I’d like to see more stories about self-love and self-acceptance.

3 Likes

So agree!

1 Like

I wish that there were more lesson learning type of stories.

Ones where it doesn’t teach little kids to get pregnant when they are 16 or take drinks from random strangers or depend on this hot mafia guy to always be looking out for you.

I wish that there were more stories to teach kids about life and a good type of love or stories to help stand up against racism.
Maybe some stories where the female is the one protecting LI, more women power.
Maybe even some stories with disabilities and less pitch perfect flawless MCs.

I think that the Episode Community is just sick and tired of the same plots of stories whether it is Mafias or just plain predictable stories.
We want stories that UNPREDICTABLE, ones where we can just go “Wow! I never would have expected that” or ones where we just totally laugh out loud because of the comedy in it!

Sorry for my rant, LMAO! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I would definitely read that! I feel like we need to make ourselves feel better and be appreciative of ourselves more instead of bringing our selves down, we need more good role model MCs.

1 Like

More stories with disabled charcters/MCs, plus size Characters etc :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hi Rina!! My name is KM, and I just uploaded my first story. I think you might be interested in reading it!
It’s about what happens after a loving wife and mother losses her memories. She wakes up thinking she’s still in her late teenage years when she was quite a troublemaker. The main character is her husband and how he tries to helps her get her memories way back while keeping everything together.
If you do decide to read it I would love to know what you think about it, because I agree with what you’re saying in this post. I’ve been working on it for some time now and last night I finally uploaded it.
The story is called “To Bring Her Back”.

1 Like

POC and PLUS SIZE MC!!!
& mystery stories

Thank you! Next time DM though to try not to get off-topic and risk getting flagged.
Other than that, I will be sure to read it :grin:

1 Like

OMG, I hadn’t seen this thread until now, but thank you so much for recommending my stories.
I’m currently writing a new one that is basically a sequel of my completed story, except that it focuses more on new characters. The main character from my previous story is still in it, though.

And to answer the original post, I’d like to see more stories about:

• Family dynamics… like in sitcoms where each family member has their own storyline, and each episodes focuses on a different member of the family.
  • Kids. I love it when kids are a part of the story instead of only being about teens or adults. Where are the siblings, cousins, nephews, nieces, etc.?
  • Stories where the MC participates actively in their religion instead of hating it or trying to rebel against it.
  • Stories that introduce us to different cultures and traditions.
3 Likes