What does this mean...?

I was just playing my story to test it out, and this pops up. I’ve never seen it before, and it doesn’t seem to affect anything. But what does it actually mean? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It means you didn’t add the overlay to the scene (either by adding it to the background name or using the create command). If you know you added it to the scene, then check that you spelled the overlay correctly. If an overlay name is misspelled, then the script thinks you didn’t add that specific overlay to the scene.

It could be that your overlay name is actually WINE_GLASS with an underscore but you accidentally typed in WINE-GLASS with a dash instead of an underscore.

4 Likes

They happen a lot to me, espically with mini games. usally I just ignore them,

4 Likes

And how would I add the overlay to the scene? I used the create command.

2 Likes

Yeah, I ignored it. I was just was waiting for all hell to break loose, but nothing happened. :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

You shouldn’t ignore it. It’s actually a pretty important error message. Whatever command you assigned to that specific overlay name will not happen. Did you check to see that you spelled the overlay name correctly?

3 Likes

When I previewed it, the overlay still moved as it should, despite the message? Yeah, I checked it’s definitely a dash. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Same it happens to me all the time and it just stays the same I even tried to use a pass for my chapter and even there it worked-

1 Like

Wait now I’m having issues with that overlay. It moves to the right spot correctly, but doesn’t change layer for some reason?

Check your layer command. The overlay name must be entered in wrong or misspelled on that line.

Can you show your script?

1 Like

Yeah one second.

She still appears on the layer below.

Can you show more of you script, like can I see the other overlay commands for that overlay?

1 Like

This is the start of that scene. I re-added the layer change later on because it wasn’t working from here.

I don’t see that you created the WINE-GLASS overlay? On line 540, you added the layer command for the WINE-GLASS overlay, but there isn’t a create command before that.

1 Like

Oh wait yeah, I’ve just noticed that.
It’s because I have an overlay called WINE-GLASS and one called WINE-GLASS2 and I’ve mixed them up all over the place. :woman_facepalming:
Well thank you for helping me spot that, I would’ve probably been here all night. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Glad it’s working now!

1 Like