What gender love interest do you prefer? (poll)

In my story I’m writing there is going to be multiple love interests in the story.

Love interest preference:
  • Male love interests
  • Female love interests
  • Male and female love interests
  • Choosing at the beginning (male or female)

0 voters

2 Likes

If you have Female MC then Male LI is good but adding LGBTQ would be great for some readers. But it can be difficult to code if you are new.

1 Like

I think i’m going to have female and male love interests and give the reader a choice on who the want to interact with, but i don’t know for sure yet. I’m pretty good at coding, but it’s very time consuming so I have to find time to do all this

2 Likes

Yeah adding Male and Female LI in the story will be much better. Well you gave me a better idea for my next story :wink:.
Thank you :blush: and Best of luck with your story.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: best of luck with your story too!

1 Like

I would suggest keeping the love interests as separate characters. Branching often isn’t done the best and it feels less natural that way.

However this is just my preference as a lesbian it’s your story, do it how you wanna do it as!

4 Likes

Personally, I prefer a male love interest. But it is nice to add the choice for a female love interest to be more inclusive.
In my reveal entry, I gave the reader the chance to choose whether they were attracted to males, females or would prefer no love interest, and am giving the option of male or female again in another story I am working on.
As long as your story doesn’t have to fit to a particular structure, where you can’t or would rather not add that branch, I think it’s a nice thing to give readers an option.

4 Likes

Okay, they will be separate characters, like I won’t make one male character and then have a female version of that character. since i’m having multiple love interests in the story, i’ll make one female in a specific scene and one a male in a specific scene and later on the reader can make choices on who they would like to date (if that makes sense)

1 Like

I prefer male LI as well but I want to make it so other people with different preferences as well can enjoy the story

2 Likes

I like choosing between them, and having both a female and male.

3 Likes

My least favorite kind of option for LIs is either fully male or fully female ones. Like where you let the user choose but there’s no 1F 1M. It really says :stop_sign: :raised_hand: to my bi-ness.

3 Likes