What I typically see in many Episode stories

Disclaimer: I’m not going to talk about the cliche and overrated stories. It’s going to be about the story itself, like INSIDE the story.

Back again with another topic to talk about, woo! I’m going to get straight to it and if I hint stories that are popular and you get a bit offended, I apologize.

Let’s begin with the most obvious one in mostly every story.

1. The MC’s best friend HAS to fall in love with the LL’s best friend.

Whatever story, I see. It always has to happen. I personally have a mixed opinion on it. Like, I haven’t read a story that had the best friend stayed single. The author makes everyone date someone for their reasons. Like that one character will never be single. Oof.

1. The MC gets powers and the author doesn’t explain how he/she got them.

I read several stories where I was left untold how the MC got their powers, like WUT?! That is like a cliffhanger. I really don’t like that. Many readers are curious about how the MC got their powers.

1. The bad boy is considered if he wears black clothing, smokes, etc.
    Okay, this is pretty self-explanatory but it’s a bad boy and what can you do about it? The bad boy has the most BAD BOY traits. Same thing goes to gang leader’s traits. Most of them are manipulative and some of their actions are pretty harsh.

2. The Mean Girls (Not the story.)
    If the story is based in a high school, can’t forget about the mean, bratty, popular girls because it wouldn’t be a high school! With the most obvious names like Olivia, Brittney, Vanessa, Brooke, etc. They are cheerleaders, rich, and have boyfriends. The trio. They basically bully everyone and make the MC’s life worse and gossip about the MC when he or she has an LL and tries to ruin their relationship. I don’t like stories that the bullies or the popular kids bully the MC without a reason. Because it’s obvious. THEY ARE THE POPULAR KIDS. If you don’t know what I am saying, it’s basically when the mean girls bully the nerd because the trio has more power than the MC. This describes every popular kid in a nutshell. Wow.

3. The MC gets into some dumb shit and the parents are clueless or don’t know.

“HEY MOM AND DAD. I JUST BEAT UP A KID IN MY SCHOOL. AFTER THAT, I ENCOUNTERED A GANG AND JOINED THEM. CAN’T FORGET ABOUT THE PART WHEN I-”

Like, the parents in Episode are so logical that they either suck at parenting or they aren’t even considered as parents. Mostly, the parents in Episode basically ask the MC about how was their day? While the MC is being bullied in school and the parent doesn’t suspect and does the think animation and doesn’t question the MC, like wut.

Once, I was reading a story and the story itself was a bit serious, but the parents in the story was so dumb that the daughter became pregnant, parents didn’t figure it out until the end.

Another story was when the MC was dating an older man and the parents was like “OH THAT IS OKAY. GO AND DO ILLEGAL STUFF.”

Etc.

Like, I don’t understand this! (I apologize if this got you a bit offended.)

1. When couples in Episode argue…

What I see in several stories…

MC: Are you SERIOUS? You are leaving me alone!

LL: Is that a problem?

MC: BUT, YOU ARE GOING SOMEWHERE DANGEROUS AND I AM PREGNANT WITH YOUR BABY.

MC starts crying
insert sad music

LL: I’m sorry babe, but I gotta go.

MC: WHERE?! TO MEET SOME ANOTHER GIRL WHILE YOU ARE THERE?!

LL: I only love you.

MC: Really?

LL: Yeah.

MC: Oh thanks, okay bye.

LL: Bye.

LL leaves
MC starts crying again and blames him

While I don’t see as much arguing in Romance stories, I read many popular stories that had this scenario. It’s basically a cycle! I despise this stuff, but I will find it realistic if the situation is long-term or whatever. It’s hard to explain. But, if you are going to give me a story that contains this, bye.

1. Characters do illegal stuff and they get away with it.
  • Teacher and student relationship
  • Arson
  • Character is smoking at a minor age… (…)
  • Etc.
  • Spray-painting

Like, where are the cops in these stories? Eating their donuts as people are causing trouble everywhere? The thing with stories that have cops are actually doing their jobs while the MC is basically so strong that they are dying and the MC is so powerful…

If you are going to say “ELLIE, bUt mAny oF thEsE sTorIes ArE ficTioNal, thEre iS goIng tO be lOgic.”

I get that, and no story is perfect, but I feel like it is becoming a bit overused. I don’t have the word for it, but repetitive. I bet many of you have read stories that contains so much logic that it took away the reading experience. This is kinda what I am talking about. Me being really criticial over these stories doesn’t mean you should stop reading this, you can do whatever you want to! I am not stopping you.

Nobody is perfect, you can expect that your story is 100% realistic and there is 0 logic with perfect characters, etc. But, that’s okay if it ain’t perfect. You can’t satsify everyone.

I bet there is many more, but these are the most obvious stuff I see in stories. Feel free to include some that I haven’t mention. I would love to see what you guys have to say about this. Again, I apologize if I offended you. Congrats if you have fully read all of this. Enjoy your holidays. :heart: :green_heart: :christmas_tree:

13 Likes

And let’s not forget the fact that Principals forget that they can expel students; they’re like: Ugh, these students are being so disruptive to the whole school and causing tons of drama and doing illegal stuff. What am I going to do about it?

5 Likes

:laughing: That is so true.

1 Like

I got a story coming out & I wanna know if those main points consist it. I have a trailer of you want to see. If you have any feedback. Please feel free to share

2 Likes

Not really, to be honest. The only main point that I sort of see is when the child of the Mom is being taken away because the child thinks that money is better than the mom. Overall, not really. The title is really great tho. Nice job working on it. :+1:

Thank you. But, that main point goes deeper than that. You’ll see when I finish it :wink:

1 Like

Ah, okay. Well, the directing was really fantastic and I found it interesting, nice job! :))

Thank you!

1 Like

Another thing, one way or another, the (usually) two LI have to get into a fight over MC. No matter how many times MC tries to stop it or the player chooses it to stop, they still are freaking violent against one another.
There is a fine line between fighting for someone’s love and freaking pommeling someone else because the two literally have nothing in common other than the girl :expressionless:

2 Likes

That is so true! I’ve seen so many stories that contain that scenario! At the end, the MC basically tries to stop it, then one of the LL punches them by accident.

insert juvie music

MC ends up going to the hospital and forgives them because of her injury, which could’ve gotten her killed. Oof.

4 Likes

I just remembered that funny scene in Back and Forth when Avery punched Caleb to unconsciousness after he accidentally hit her during his fight with Minguk.

3 Likes

Whenever I see that is going to happen, let me wait 2 minutes for the MC to collapse to the ground because the LLS are making really dumb moves. :laughing:

2 Likes

Ohh wow. You said a lot && I agree with you.

1 Like

The Love Interest has an unhinged ex-girlfriend or a stalker that is determined to keep them a part, going as far as committing unethical or illegal acts to scare her off (drugging him and convicing him they slept together, threatening her, blackmailing her, kidnapping her, …). Why can’t there be an option to back away from this LI? I’m not tryna risk my safety for a story arc. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

MC ends up in the hospital with injuries or passes out only to b looked over once and sent home(no mention of discharge papers or kept over night for watch)

No one ever has homework or a job and everyone has free time to join a gang or run the streets or other highjinks

2 Likes

Right?

I wanna know how MCs run after LIs during class without a teacher asking them where they were going or telling them to sit down. What the hell kind of high school did y’all go to where this was a thing?

5 Likes

Plus… Not one character caring about their actual education, except for “the nerds”

2 Likes

Seriously. I mean, as much as I hated high school, I definitely cared about my education.

5 Likes