What if a story let you choose the genre?

You’re walking home from work. You fall into a hole, like Alice in Wonderland. You fall and fall and fall, and eventually you encounter a strange creature. You ask what’s going on. You don’t know what to make of this. The creature says, this is whatever you make it. You can then choose what genre the rest of the story will be in. Fantasy, mystery, horror/thriller. No, I’m not giving a drama or romance option because I am not interested in those genres, meaning I will probably not write them very well. Then, depending on what you choose, the story unfolds.

I’m writing it anyways, but do you think this would be a cool story concept?

Dear friends, I know, I know. I’ve asked if you’d want to read countless story plots, but I was never completely into it, or invested in them. But this one, I’m determined to plan, and to carry out, and publish.

Any title ideas?

7 Likes

Omg such a cool story idea! Although it would take a lot of branching. I’d definitely read it

4 Likes

It would, yeah, but I’m prepared to make the effort :joy:

tentative bump

sound like a lot of work. but i would read it

2 Likes

Yes. To be honest, maybe I could do drama and romance, but I’m just narrowing it down to three to make it easier. Fantasy, mystery and horror/thriller.

This story sounds so great! You definitely have to tell me when this comes out!

Thanks for all your replies, @K.F, @Keeko and @line123462, do you have any ideas for what title I could use? :thinking:

1 Like

That’d be such a good read!!

1 Like

I’d love to read it just because of the cool concept the story has! I’m not too creative with titles, but what about Alice’s Wonderland because she’s creating her own story technically.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking of something to do with Alice, rabbit holes, Wonderland, but I didn’t want to call it anything too close to the book itself for both copyright and creativity reasons.

I mean maybe I could literally just call it - This is whatever you make it. Or something along those lines.

Also, I literally just happened to be listening to Wonderland by Taylor Swift- I have to familiarise myself with it for a recording party my friend’s having soon.

3 Likes

Lol your idea is so original and amazing I’d be number 1 fan :joy:

3 Likes

I used to be obsessed with Avril Lavigne’s Alice in Wonderland when I was younger. If music is what helps inspires you to write, I’d recommend that song.

1 Like

I like the concept, Melanie Martinez’s songs may help :3

It’s a great idea so get to work quickly, I don’t think title matters too much but art style will. I think you should do in INK or Classic since LL doesn’t have fantasy clothing too much -at least the ones in Alice-

3 Likes

Melanie’s song Mad Hatter specifically is about Alice in Wonderland!!! :two_hearts: I do agree LL doesn’t have much fantasy clothing, but LL is the only style receiving updates. So I think it still should be considered.

2 Likes

Yeah now that you mentioned it, LL does get updates. And LL could be better since it has unnatural skin tones.

2 Likes

It’s all up to @_haruka anyways! I’m sure she’ll choose what she sees fits best!:two_hearts:

2 Likes

This i agree omgg the codings will be crazy…

2 Likes

I think this is a great story idea! Although the coding, and branching, etc. would probably be very complicated I think that if it’s something you really want to do, and you have your heart set on it, then you should do it. I think that you know that it’s going to be a lot of work, and a lot of hours, so only do it if you REALLY are going to commit, so you don’t waste your time. Another idea is that, if you didn’t want to do all of that coding, you could like make each episode a different genre. So like, the MC would be trapped in the “rabbit hole” per say and the only way to get out is to accomplish a task in each story genre. Giving each episode a purpose. I don’t know, I don’t want to write your story for you, but it’s just a suggestion. Also, you should really write your story in limelight. It gets updated more frequently than the other styles do. So whatever you need, it may come if you use limelight, whereas using INK or classic there’s a very low chance of you getting new clothing options or animations. As for titles, I think you should just call it “Wonderland.” Probably an unpopular opinion, but it’s straight forward. A “wonderland” is a place full of wonderful things, and falling into a hole and choosing your own adventure based off of a genre sounds pretty wonderful to me. Also, if they’re falling through a hole like AIWL this is kind of a full circle moment, you know? Or, you could call it “Rabbit Hole” because that’s what the MC has fallen into, which is the cause of the story. I don’t know, that’s just my opinion I honestly like both options. I think this story is going to be so sick, and I will for sure be on the look out for it when it comes out! :grin::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes