What in the World is the Mulberry Hood?

So I’m sure you’ve all seen this asset before:

It looked great for my fantasy needs.

But it doesn’t actually work with any of the hairstyles. It doesn’t even work when you make your character bald! And I found out it only barely works with one single hairstyle that was released months after it.

What the hell is up with that?

22 Likes

Artists done F’d up

7 Likes

well i agree. i have started a superhero story. and wanted to use it . but its just dont work with anything

4 Likes

Tell me about it! It would be such a good asset if it worked

5 Likes

I wonder if it takes time to make the hairstyle sit under a hat or other head accessory sims style? Like actually change shape of the hair slightly to fit the hat?

5 Likes

holding out until Sims makes a Episode style thingy with a writers portal

5 Likes

I mean, I make characters on Soul Calibur all the time you know that. All they do is have a variation for each hairstyle. Nascent hairstyle, then a version to fit in all hoods and hats. They design hoods, hats, etc. around their hairstyles. It makes it all work with very minimal effort and it looks really good as an end product.

3 Likes

What I don’t understand is when the hat doesn’t work at all from the back! Like the hair completely covers it or something. Isn’t that fixable!

3 Likes

Very much should be, and it should be a pretty easy fix too. This is again, Episode probably using outdated equipment tbh

3 Likes

But they ditched INK to update their stuff :sob:

3 Likes

As an artist, how long do you think it takes for them to change the colours of these assets and rerelease them?

4 Likes

Few minutes??? To recolour something that simple in decent software

3 Likes

I wonder if they have to redo the animation stuff afterwards?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t, not if they have it rigged. If they need to completely remake animations for each individual piece of clothing they’re wasting time, money, and manpower when they can just have rigs for different types of clothing.

3 Likes

You’d think that the Mulberry Hood would work with at least one hairstyle! How does that work?!

2 Likes

Utter lack of care.

No testing, caution, or effort went into it in the slightest, basically

5 Likes

But don’t they make the assets onto characters? How do they get the proportions right otherwise?

2 Likes

They probably use a basic skeleton to map the size and stuff, but I’m guessing they don’t care enough to do the same with hairstyles and such. For a hood they would just use the head and if in a neutral stance it doesn’t clip through the actual head it’s a job well done I guess

2 Likes

Although there are a lot of jackets and shirts especially that clip through the actual body itself, so they don’t even have any care in that regard either, so you know

2 Likes

you could just make machinima. hatsy and Rémi Marocelli makes some really good ones

1 Like