4 Likes

Only his abs? :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Sorry. I had to.

4 Likes

Tell me about it. :skull:

No comment lmao. :joy:

3 Likes

“I’m new in town because of my mum/mom’s work.”
“How can such a dangerous man look so hot?
“I have no friends because I wear glasses, braces and pigtails!”
“With her mean stare and luscious blonde hair, I can sense that she doesn’t like the tension between the bad boy and I!”
“You’re not like any other girl I met”

theres too many…
love triangles, romanticised mafia stories with men that have too many tattoos/slicked back tousled hair styles, new girl in town, nerd glowups, bad boy player that wears black most of the story love interests LIKE NO!!!

6 Likes

According to Episode, I should have been loved by 3 bois at once and been terrorized by the mean girl for absolutely no reason in high school. And had an annoying, useless best friend.

None of these things happened to me in high school.

5 Likes

Clearly we just aren’t doing it right :face_with_monocle:

Maybe this year will be that year for me haha

2 Likes

SAME! i don’t know how writers come up with these “stereotypes” that happen in high school when they never do LOL some people have crazy minds!

2 Likes

Imagine being a nerdy girl with glasses and having a BFF in high school. Couldn’t be me :woozy_face:.

And nerds are cool.

4 Likes

EXACTLY why the heck was this normalized

Nah straight up lies these mfs be cheating and killing people but they won’t hurt their prescious boo thang? Nah.

Love is not a one sided challenge. It is challenging, yes, but it is not a game or challenge. Exactly.

HAH nah this one’s so funny- if a guy doesn’t do relationships he is either working on himself (he usually doesn’t know it but he def going through some character development) it usually just means he isn’t ready. Even with the right person he won’t automatically be ready. Same goes for girls.

Yeah, we don’t want to bash you guys. It’s the cliche stuff and the nauseating love interests that get us. And tbh those are episode originals. Like, the ones that episode writers themselves. Even when they buy episodes from writers, they turn what’s good in that story to dust.

say it louder for the people in the back. It’s mysogynistic and sexist, another example similar to the manwh*re and the innocent virgin. gender roles have such a tight grip on episode it’s terrifying

Why there is mean girls at all baffles me, there is never peace between the popular girls and the MC. Ever. And when the MC is the popular girl, it’s cliche.

They’re seriously lame though. People aren’t perfect and as lame as they make people out to be.

Pfft pop off

Biggest insult of all time.

It was me until I lost the glasses. Shiz changed from there it was actually like an episode- took off my glasses and poof I was pretty to guys apparently :woozy_face:

6 Likes

“You’re playing with fire, honey.” Usually used when the MC and LI are teasing each other, and I’m not a fan of it.

“Oh, you’re not going anywhere.” Said by the giant creep in the alley that wants to rpe the MC. Disgusting. :nauseated_face: Then the deus ex machina moment where the LI saves her just in time. Like, how?!

5 Likes

Half the time the LI is just as bad as the creep in the alley. The difference is that one is attractive, one isn’t.

“You’re going to get burned” :smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

5 Likes

I agree with many of the people here, but there’s one thing that I am really tired of:
(At least) almost every story I’ve encountered takes place in USA (mainly in NY and LA).
Like, USA is not the only place on earth. There are other countries as well.

9 Likes

I think this one is difficult because most authors on episode (or at least from what I’ve seen) have english as their first language, and will obviously be writing in English. So that kinda leaves the US and UK for options, unless they want to use translators and such for other languages which can be a lot of work.

Also with most authors being from the US, I think it’s more difficult to do stories in other countries because we run the risk of misrepresenting cultures, and that’s how you get cancelled haha

3 Likes

I can understand that, but on the other hand, not all the people in the world are from US (or UK).

And that’s why you can do research and ask people on the forums. I myself am working on a story that takes place in France at first, which is not where I live and then takes place in my country and it’ll include some flashback scenes that took place outside my country.
So yeah, I know I can’t guarantee that I’ll represent some cultures perfectly, but I can assure you that I’ll do the best of my best to do it in the best way I can. I’d like to note that I did ask people about their culture as I want to include characters of their cultures, in addition to some research on the internet.

3 Likes

I would like to point out that not all the stories that take place in US or UK were written by native English speakers.

1 Like

And all the stories are either set in NY or LA. There are other places better than LA (aka most of the country), but it has hOlLywOOd!!1!1!1

I’m writing an Episode parody set in NYC because the rest of America is a lie perpetuated by North Korea.

And Epi Originals take you either to London (love the tubes), Paris (meh), or Vegas (hecc no). That’s it. I want to go somewhere cool like Poland, dangit!

3 Likes

The Hollywood setting is so stereotypical of them. I’d have used L. A’s residential neighborhoods with the single deck single family homes with the lawns and driveways, like you’d see in shows like Adam-12 and 9-1-1.

3 Likes

That’s true! And I completely agree, the US is an extremely overused setting for stories (specifically NY and LA)
And it’s great to do the research and everything to avoid problems. But it can be a lot of extra work and I respect you for doing it!

1 Like

Love at first sight trope is lame :unamused:

4 Likes