What is one piece of your script that will go under-appreciated to the average reader?

Where did you get all those sci-fi backgrounds from? They look nice!

1 Like

When I read this, I appreciated it :triumph:!

1 Like

I have a long list of these. Only 4 chapters are released, but Iā€™m working-

Two seperate TAPPABLE family trees. Took me ten hours at least. Had to create the background, overlay, and the coding was a nightmare. I did it from scratch- and there are maybe 15-20 characters I had to code individually. What makes it worse is 1. Nobody uses it, lmao, L for me, and 2. It decides to just crash sometimes 3. I donā€™t have a mouse OR pad on my computer that lets me click, so I do all my spot directions on my phone and then type it into my computer.

Iā€™m not going to add screenshots of this but another is probably the fact because my CC was limited but I couldnā€™t find one that fit it, like they could pick what kind of blue they wanted the eyes to be-but it had to be blue- and I had to code it all myself lmao. I used dara amarieā€™s as reference but I typed it all myself or itā€™d glitch

Also this scene: They had a whole routine and I made it actually look like they were being lifted up. Took maybe 3 hours. They look so funny in this screenshot lmao. This was like a three second flashback though-

I could go on but I wont for your guyā€™s sake. :sob:

4 Likes

Your scene is so smooth! Good job! As a fellow coder, your efforts have not gone unseen!

1 Like

Literally my entire scripts. :face_with_peeking_eye::joy:

1 Like

Literally all my fade in / fade out sequences. I like there to be action and not just fade in scene and then start the action.

Hopefully this link works, this just shows the 3 main characters coming on scene, in a staggered pattern, while the scene fades in.
Fade in beach scene

1 Like

Bro I feel your pain with the mouse. For a while I didnā€™t have one and did the same with the mobile portal. And I get the pain with tappables from scratch. Itā€™s such a pain. I have a tappable minigame and it uses a ton of overlays. Took me easily 6 hours to do :sob:

Thank you so much :blush: I figured other coders would appreciate my efforts.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently coding a scene that hasā€¦34 background characters so far. And there will be more.

3 Likes

okay so I have to jump on here for another

So Iā€™m working on a title animation and I have 25 overlays in one place switching every .01 seconds to make it have a ā€œclock countdownā€ effect. The whole intro is very movie style, I have the ā€œcastā€ (which are the creators who made the characters, who are my episode buddies, tho I still need one more guy character). VERY advanced animation, I even do a transition thatā€™s like a character running, you pass a tree and itā€™s a different character and background. If you get my jist. Idk.

Itā€™s a lot but itā€™s fun

2 Likes

That sounds awesome! And that is the best way to describe Episode coding. As involved as it is, the end product keeps you coming back for more.

1 Like

I really hope it turns out as great as I hope it does - so yeah. But most definitely

2 Likes

It sounds like something that would make my jaw drop as both a reader and an Episode coder!

1 Like

I hope so :woozy_face:

But 34 background characters? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I hope Episode can withstand having over 40 characters in one sceneā€¦
:face_with_peeking_eye:

Itā€™s for a gala.

1 Like

Iā€™ve broken my episode before with my coding so ummmmmmmm yeah letā€™s hope that doesnā€™t happen to you :face_holding_back_tears::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Might need to split up the spot directing line for the sake of the program. But eh.

OK so it might be closer to 50 when all is said and done.

1 Like

The commitment :bowing_woman:

1 Like

I take background characters way too seriously :joy:
And a bunch of them are the same template character because itā€™s an Ink Episode parody and needs to be meem.

1 Like

Me too. I have a friend who keeps telling me to use zooms so I donā€™t need background characters and itā€™s so smart but I canā€™t because I need to be perfect

But as a coder when I read stories with amazing backgrounds I get impressed.

1 Like

Iā€™m fortunately zoomed in, but a 3-zone ballroom would look weird with 10 people in it.

1 Like