What is one thing you've learned during quarantine?

My computer is on 3% and I literally decided to write about what I learned during quarantine. So, what I learned during quarantine is not everyone who says is my friend is my friend. I literally keep in contact with at least 3 people and that’s about it. People’s true colors are coming out during this whole social distancing! Oh well, it is what it is! What about y’all?

10 Likes

Same for me, my school friends are strictly school friends and tbh it doesn’t bother me. The main person i talk to is my bestfriend so everything’s good! (: I also learned how boring life is when you can’t leave the house. I’ve been in here for 2 months omg kinda going crazy

3 Likes

I am learning to manage my time better because I have specific times for submitting assignments.
I learned that some of my friends don’t bother to Facetime me or make time to spend with me because they are “busy”, but I mean who is during quarantine?? unless you have zoom calls or something I guess.

4 Likes

You’re right about people showing their true colors during this whole situation. I literally have tried texting two of my supposed best friends to see how they have been doing but they just straight up don’t answer any of my texts. So, i guess I’ve learned that not everyone who claims to be your friend, is.

2 Likes

That I am slowly losing my will to live. That I have to adapt to this dreaded thing called… time management.

4 Likes

i learned how to write on episode skkjdch not as deep as the rest of yall

2 Likes

Even in the darkest times, I learned that I will be okay. I learned I am stronger than I think I am, I just have to put my back into it. I learned low to love myself a little more, and I learned that some things are just supposed to happen. It’s part of my growth :heart:

3 Likes

Iconic

1 Like

That some people in your life are just showing their true colors for real. When your the only one checking for others and family to see how they doing, yet NO ONE CALLS or TEXT you to see how YOU are doing…like come on. Everyone deserves to be checked, talk to. I swear…family are just…ugh. Suppose you die from the virus, and thats when they really care. WHEN YOUR GONE.

4 Likes

Going out in style. Double meaning is intended.

1 Like

Im glad only ONE of my friends texted me to see how I am doing, that’s a sign OF REAL FRIENDS. God…this is just…

Hehe, felt
Just wait until other people realize your worth

2 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

To play Devil’s Advocate, I haven’t been in contact with a lot of my real life friends for mental health reasons. So there’s a side to every story? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

That’s very true for me too sometimes

2 Likes

Another thing you need to learn when you are quarantine, is that you have to make sure that you are well prepared and taken care of. Making sure that you and your family/friends who are with you, have food and other things to last for days to come. Don’t be selfish, give others, and save up for later.

2 Likes

The ones who don’t talk to you outside of school, really aren’t your real friends or close friends. Good thing my crew and I have our group chat haha.

1 Like

BOI I GOTS A LOT.
I learned that:

1. It’s only then when we make time for what we want to do is when no one runs out of time that easily

2. You don’t need to force yourself in being productive just so you have something to post about in social media.

3. There WILL be people taking advantage of the pandemic, and the best thing anyone could really do is just ignore and report them. Medical doctors can do a power trip and conceal anyone for a short while until they get found out, people hoard and sell disinfectants illegally just for their gain.

4. (I’m supposed to be a graduating college student, so hear me out on this one) A university administration will find a way to still somehow exploit the students in joining their online classes (even though not everyone can afford it, and is pretty expensive despite it being inefficient at times), and still push through the original enrollment date (which is on June). the worst part? our student representatives look as if they’re siding with the admin to avoid more drama. Seriously, this is the worst I’ve seen the university so far.

5. There will always be dumbasses who will go against the quarantine because of their complacency.

6. It’s times like these where we have to keep our head up from drowning into whatever negativity each day has, there is always a bright side even among hopelessness. The human spirit is in integral thing and each one is autonomous - The one person who can take that away is yourself.

2 Likes

What I learned during quarantine is that people who hate on me don’t actually hate me.

For the sake of my mental health, I need to leave the house more when this is over. lol

1 Like