What is the best length for a story? :))

Hey bruvs:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
so the story that I am currently working on, in my opinion, is a slow burn story. I had said in a Q&A at the end of a chapter that I was averaging on 40-45 chapters. But then I really started to think about it. Does anyone even read a story that long? Is it worth it? What’s a range that you are willing to read a story for? What was the length of the best story you’ve read? If you could answer any of these questions it would be a huge help to my dilemma…thank you sm :blob_hearts: :blob_hearts:

• P.S. I’ve currently wrote 21 chapters, have outlines for the next 10 and aiming for about 45-50.
    The story isn’t published yet also! but I’m getting there.
4 Likes

Everyone is different… but 40-45 chapters is good! However even 25 is just fine!

It’s all about whether you can wrap it all up. Sometimes longer episodes stories tend to drag on and sometimes the shorter ones feel like the ending is too rushed…

Since it’s not published yet, just go with the natural flowwww :hugs: :relaxed:

1 Like

I like stories that are at LEAST 30 chapters, anything less than that just feels like a rushed story to me, but thats MY opinion only.

also, good luck on your story babes ! :two_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

yea, yea. :)) I’m trying too and my gut is telling me to aim for about 50 but I really don’t want a rushed ending and I plan on making a sequel depending on how good this first one does so like :sob: :sob:

1 Like

thanks so much!! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

oh also, the length of the best story i read i think was like 45 chapters? can’t really remember lol, but ofcc np ! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

If your gut tells you 50, then aim for 50! :relaxed:

Lmao I’m writing from my phone so excuse my mistakes :skull:

1 Like

lol it’s all good, mane. thank you so so much again!

1 Like

It depends! Some stories can be finished in 10 chapters, while others might need 50. It all depends on what you’re writing about. But if you do plan on doing a lot of chapters, just make sure the plot doesn’t drag on. I think that’s how most readers become less interested.

As for my length preference, I don’t have one. If you have a coherent plot with interesting characters and good dialogue, then I’ll read, whether long or short.

1 Like

thank you so much!!

1 Like

I like stories with around 30 episodes. 40-60 is fine, and shorter stories is also fine. It really comes down to the directing and quality of the story that keeps me attached at the end of the day.

thank you! this is very helpful. :))

Well the best story I’ve read was 84 chapters…
So if it’s interesting I’ll read it.

1 Like

Well usually the best way to figure what amount of chapters are best for your story is the timeline of your story, if your story is a story that expands over years ( ex :- from meeting the LI for the first time to marrying and having kids etc ) it’s best to have 30+ chapters, but if your story is a short story u have to have less chapters!

If for a long story, there are less chapters then it feels rushed, and for a short story there are many chapters it feels super slow.

So just decide on the type of story and flow u want to achieve! :sparkles:

Hope this helped hdjdhd

1 Like

that’s wildddd the longest I’ve read was about 68

1 Like

no it’s definitely helpful :blob_hearts: lol my timeline is kinda stretched out because I don’t really like fast stories. But I plan on making a sequel for this one because they don’t have kids, or get married. They just move in together and the main problem of the story seems to be fixed but it’s far from it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.