What is the best way to extend an episode's length?

I want to make my episode’s longer, time wise; what is the best way to make an episode longer? I was thinking dialogue but I’m not sure.

3 Likes

depends really…
Do you have choices? (Some don’t use them at all is why I ask)
If so maybe add move choices to learn more about something or someone.
You could also add flashbacks when talking about a past time if you have anything like that in your story.
Maybe there are some scenes that could be added in to help give more hints to what’s going on or to help explain what’s going on in the story.
Maybe somethings like this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

more scenes. but dont add a lot of uneseary stuff there dont matter. like going shopping for no reason and such

6 Likes

Is your story out? Or the frist episode done? Maybe having some read it also and say hey maybe this or that could be added could also help.

2 Likes

Let your characters have more interactions with each other, doing silly or serious stuff, getting to know each other better ect ect
That’s what I do

1 Like

Definitely don’t add excess stuff that’s boring. Maybe in choices have there be multiple choices or make the scenes longer. Have the characters do more interesting things I guess? If you really just want it to end where it is, just like apologize at the end that it super short and say future ones will be longer everyone has to do that from time to time. A good story length (without cc script templates which take 1000s if lines) is 600-2000 lines of coding

1 Like

minigames where you ask like 3-5 questions (but not too many to where it gets boring), any type of minigame you can think of really. also scenes where it pans with the character running or zooms can add a few seconds at a time but dont make the zooms too slow (i think i made that mistake lol) also the games where you walk to different rooms and find things like a treasure hunt

1 Like

I’ve always said adding choices is a great way to extend your episode length. I guess because finding ways to have your choice branches merge will then add to the dialogue and gives more opportunity to show more about characters, etc.

1 Like

Have Amberose riding into the scene on a sheep overlay real slow :joy: jk jk i love you :rofl:

OK, for real, add more choices and more dialogue. This is what I would recommend. Personally I prefer shorter episodes but i understand not everyone does :blush:

2 Likes

Oooh that is a great idea for a new outro, thanks Jem!

2 Likes

I finished the first episode, and since it is a pilot, there are not really any choices :sweat_smile:

1 Like