What is the difference between publish some chapters and publish all the story?

Hi everyone, I have a question.

I have noticed that there are writers who upload only 3-4 chapters and over time they upload more chapters, while others publish the full story once. What would be the advantages and disadvantages of each option? Does the payment option have to do with those options?

Thanks a lot <3

2 Likes

I am an author and I think it’s what the author herself or himself decides… I like to upload and publish 2 or 3 episodes in a time on every ongoing story I write. (That’s because I like to write :woman_facepalming:) To my opinion → if you publish the full story once it’s difficult to update afterwards. And uploading a few chapters over time gives an author more time to update. It has nothing to do with the payment option, because the payment option is something the author chooses, too. :wink:

4 Likes

So I guess it depends how long the story is bcs if it’s e.g. a 50 episode story its going to take forever too finish and depends whether or not u have the patience :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I understood, thanks <3

1 Like

@Teeg_22 I agree, but… if you want to update something in chapter 1 when you are already episode 52, that’s awful. :scream: Few months ago I decided to update some of my first stories :woman_facepalming: → stupid me already published it and guess what - thing is you need to lock every episode, you want to temporarily hide for the readers. Needed to lock 12 episodes, imagine it were 50. :woman_facepalming: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Damnnn I can’t even imagine being one of the readers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know… One of my favorite stories has 140 episodes… Just imagine if you need to update that amount of episodes… :joy:

1 Like

It really depends on the author and their preference on updating. It also has to do with their personal life outside fo episode as well.

I’ve done both. If it’s a revamp of an old story or a short story, I would update all at once. But I prefer updating a few at a time so it can build the tension for the readers.

And, neither choices guarantees a lot of reads nor unlocking the payment section. There are other factors that play into getting in the payment section.

2 Likes

There is no difference. The story is already complete. I believe an author who finishes a story and releases batches of episodes is doing so to milk the promotion of their story… it’s a good promotion advantage. It just depends on how many followers you have. If you have a lot of followers, releasing a complete story would be a good idea. Get yourself many reads and you don’t have to do an insane amount of promotion. But if you have a small base, it’s best to release batches and build your following at the same time. But honestly, you can’t go wrong either way… because you finished the story already. A lot of stress, time, and writer portal errors are over now.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.