What is the Hardest thing while writing a story (for you?)

Hehe😓 sorry…

2 Likes

Haha…
Dialogs… Well… I will say the same about dialogs…
But whenever I get the idea… I always note the structure down… I always put my diary near me so I can’t get to it easily and write down the idea.

… web previewer … well it’s network issues… sometimes

ANd yes… perfection is important too lol…and perfection take time!!

1 Like

I’m honestly the issue when writing. I’m currently working on chapter 4 of a story, but I’ve gone back and updated/changed things 100 times because I’m just not happy with a scene or two. I’m always telling myself “you can do better!” and can never remain satisfied with what I’ve already written.

5 Likes

Most of the time, I’ll know what I want to happen in the story, but I have a hard time leading up to it. Also, I don’t think dialogue is my specialty.

1 Like

… i was like you before… always revamping my previous chapters…
but… now… i always make sure they r perfect before i update my story

most of ppl suffering from this… lol…
sometimes even I wonder what will happen in my story… i mean like seeiously

1 Like

It’s unpublished, so it’s fine to revamp while it’s in production, but I won’t publish it until I’m 100% satisfied.

1 Like

Figuring out the plot

1 Like

cool

it’s what u should do 1st.
and its depends on your brain and your creativity.

• Creating the exposition of a story, I notice the way I work is that I start towards the end and then work my way up the story, and then fine-tune everything. It’s just the expostion for me is a little daunting, because it’s what hooks the reader in, and I tend to overthink whether I’ve done that or not
  • Deciding how to continue the story and which ideas should stay or go
  • Worldbuilding, one of my favourites to do but man is it draining
  • Dialogue, I tend to overthink about this stuff and wonder if I’m correctly portraying the character the way I intended to
  • Where to start when creating the story, right now I’m working on my first story and I’m trying to stay organized, but my ideas are all over the place and fade from the characters to worldbuilding to what happens in plot point 2 and if I should add a subplot lmao

I don’t really have a problem with choosing backgrounds. What I usually do is go on a free stock photo website like Pixabay or Pexels and save a bunch of photos that could be used for bgs and then when I imagine what happens in the story I take note of the setting, then find a photo that resembles or at least comes a little close to what I imagined (if Episode doesn’t have it). Sometimes I find I have to be adaptable though because sometimes I’m not going to find EXACTLY what I envisioned.

1 Like

Oh yes, backgrounds! I usually have a very specific image of what I want a scene to look like, so I often struggle with finding the right background. And I don’t like reusing certain backgrounds from my previous stories, unless it didn’t appear often or was just a restaurant or something, not a character’s house.
With character’s bedrooms, I love to customize them to reflect the character’s personality, such as putting specific posters on the wall, or adding objects in there that the character would most likely have in their room.
Dining room backgrounds are very hard to find. Most of the stock photo dining rooms already have a table and chair in them, so I can’t spot direct the characters and have them sitting down at the table.

But I really struggle with choices. Since I know what I want to happen in my story, it’s so hard to add in two different options since one has to take the dialogue/scene in another direction. I try to add choices that don’t affect the plot too much, and might only change a few lines of dialogue or so.

1 Like

spot directing be so annoying but fun at the same time :sob:

1 Like

Dialogue. I love writing descriptions and creating scenes, the dialogues tend to fall flat.

1 Like

I agree with u in all.
and good luck for your story.
and dont think over and pressure yourself. its not good for health tho.
and jt can be hard to continue the story bcz lacking of ideas. but u should always choose the idea which can make reader more curious about the story.

1 Like

… I am like u with thr bgs tho.
and you should just puy the choices which will impact the end of the mc. in the story.
this way u can have multiple ends

1 Like

hHa… I agree

… you should just stick to ur character personality like how thry will react in situations and what they will say
u can put yourself in their situation and think like them.