What is the most frusterating thing that happens while you code on episode?

Share your thoughts!!!

Somehow I had a this error?? :joy: I’m talented lol luckily I know programming so I understood what the f it says xD I remember studying malloc and hating it so much

2 Likes

when I code…and preview…n yr like come on…this is not how I want the scene to look!!! the couple mins later, YES!!! GOT IT!!

4 Likes

When it doesn’t work like you specifically made it to do and you have to restart

4 Likes

When I make really long and annoying choices and then it’s like

mmmmmm, you have random }, but I won’t tell you which one out of 309 it is. Hmmm yes

Or this, half way through a chapter I get this shat. And it’s been happening for a week or two.

Like where’d the toolbar thing go?

4 Likes

When I have my whole script selected and then I press backspace…

10 Likes

Any time I get lines deleted. :disappointed:

I’d once left-clicked to open the art catalogue in a new tab, and tried to type in my script without deselecting the art catalogue button. I was looking down to type, so I didn’t notice it say “Are you sure you want to leave this page? You have unsaved changes.” By the time I noticed, it was too late, I’d already hit Enter twice as I attempted to make a new line, BOOM there go 20 lines.

Or that one time my laptop insisted on doing updates when I had unsaved changes. :sob:

Now I save all the time like:

6 Likes

When I spend forever coding and when I come to preview it i realise I’ve made a dumb mistake like layers :roll_eyes: and I can’t even spot it

4 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

When the previewer stops working. :hot_face::hot_face:

Or when an overlay doesn’t show up and you can’t figure out why. :cold_face:

Oh and then there’s that frustrating moment when you have the perfect background or overlay in your mind, but you can’t find the right one anywhere.:cold_sweat:

8 Likes

That’s the worst! And then you forget what you wrote :sob:

2 Likes

When u finish writing ur script and write when ur about to save ur screen freezes and then when u reload everything you’ve wrote in perfect confidence and mind, you gotta start over. That’s why After two lines I save :joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

when I’m coding for so long that my characters start to look ugly to me, and then I’,m just not in the mood anymore.

also accidentally clicking the update script button as opposed to the directing helper button and now you have to start the scene over

6 Likes

When I delete my 2000 line script:
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::scream::exploding_head::dizzy_face::flushed:
I QUIT!!!

6 Likes

Wouldn’t you be able to recover it in the ‘See all previous drafts’ button?

3 Likes

Wait, WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!
goes back to the Portal
You saved me :relaxed:

4 Likes

Lol took me a while to realize it was there too :joy:

3 Likes

Backup! Unable to parse! - This. I. Hate.

3 Likes

When I accidentally click Update Preview instead of Directing Helper :rage:

5 Likes

You can undo can’t you? As long as you haven’t saved it? I undo all the time.

1 Like