What is THE WORST THING THAT HAPPEND IN YOUR LIFE?

fr

3 Likes

oh gosh that’s terrible! I hope you and your friend can recover and feel better soon…
thinking about y’all :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Not the worst thing that’s ever happened to me, but certainly a non-boy-related, G-rated inconvenience:

I’m an international student. My university is in Japan, but I’m from the US. I came home to visit my parents in February 2020. Covid hit the US. In March 2021, my flight was cancelled and my visa has since been suspended (meaning I have to get it re-instated under the condition that they decide to let me back in). All of my stuff, my clothes, my sketchbook, etc., is stuck in my dorm room in Japan. (Y’all, I left my CHARGER there on accident.)

But it gets more inconvenient in several different ways.

1. I had purchased concert tickets for a concert in Osaka that got cancelled and I had to wait like six months for them to refund my money.
  2. I have a credit on my Delta account for my flight. They were unable to refund my money.
  3. I took out a student loan just before this happened and didn’t use a penny of it, meaning I was an additional $12k in debt for nothing.
  4. I have about $2k sitting in my Japanese bank account that I cannot access because my power of attorney (POA) document doesn’t cover my bank account apparently???
  5. I had a conference call with my POA and another person responsible for my program and they said they’d send my stuff home, but not all of it. I told them specifically to send them my sketchbook. That and a university hoodie were all I asked for. They sent me a blank sketchbook and gym clothes.
  6. I had to take a year off of school and am now graduating a year late.
  7. I had submitted my thesis proposal, it had been approved and I had been assigned an advisor and now the class no longer exists because that was a year ago.

Okay, there’s way more I could complain about with this particular inconvenience, but really it’s more annoying than anything. Wouldn’t consider this the “worst” thing to happen to me, but definitely pretty obnoxious. My whole Covid experience has been absolutely dreadful. There are so many things I could complain about in regards to it.

9 Likes

when I was in eight grade my friends (well I thought they were my friends) made a group chat where they talked sh*t about me. I found this out after I graduated but I would def travel back in time just to beat their asses

5 Likes

That moment I realized that 80% of the text messages I recieve are just 1 time passcodes because I forgot my super simple password to something. I’m so alone lol :sweat_smile::laughing:

2 Likes

I was just about to reply with my trauma but then I saw all the lighthearted comments…

I’m not going to ruin your vibe! :rofl:

3 Likes

Aww feel free to express yourself! A couple people have already, we’re here for ya! :heart:

4 Likes

I feel the same lmao.

1 Like

Farting

4 Likes

Ooh, last year… when my cousin stopped talking to me because we had a misunderstanding, and I really love her and everyone in her family. So I was depressed for so many months, until we finally worked things out and made up.

But then, she and her kids (my sweet little nephews) moved to the U.S… I thought it was only going to be a year, because her husband stayed here for his job, but then he moved to a smaller apartment at the end of January. :pensive: :pensive:

And to make things worse, my mom went to Europe six months ago, and we haven’t been able to see each other because of stupid Covid and the travel ban.

4 Likes

Having a crush one of the most annoying boy in school, Cameron Power :smiley:
I was literally having dreams about him and couldn’t even stop thinking about him, and beacuse of it I couldn’t sleep!
And still to this day, I still have dreams about him and maybe have a bit of a crush on him :flushed:

2 Likes

same DAMN thing.

1 Like

TW: Sexual abuse. Sorry, this is a bit depressing but yeah…

I’ve had many “worse things” happen to me throughout my life and I’ve been disappointed and betrayed by people left, right and center, but last year really took a toll on me. I was sexually abused by my mom’s boyfriend and the betrayal of her reaction and the fact that she’s still with him (it’s been a year and a half since it happened) has been the most painful thing she’s ever done to me as my mother. She was supposed to protect me, take my side and get the hell away from scum like him, but alas, my mother isn’t like most mothers.

To better put that into perspective, she calls me almost daily, she always wants to talk about him and I’ve lost count of the amount of times she’s tried to convince me to visit her but I cannot possibly put myself within any vicinity of him. I hate being constantly reminded of him and I’m always disgusted by the fact my mom wants me to go back.
Apart of me is ashamed of myself because I was 20 and yet when I was abused by him I felt like a child that couldn’t defend themself. I’m legally an adult but I couldn’t do anything but freeze in fear and betrayal.
My parents divorced when I was 4 years old and I spent much of my childhood being raised by mom and it wasn’t long after the divorce that I was abused by a girl who was a little older than me and by definition - raped too. Though I remember it, I don’t feel as effected by it as I do by the abuse of my mom’s boyfriend, possibly given my age and the fact that it’s recent. But last year and a few times this year, my mom has said:
“You should’ve been stronger.”
“Maybe he was just joking.”
“Just push him away.”
It’s one thing for someone to say those things to you, but it’s different when your own parent disregards your pain, feelings, trauma and makes you feel like it’s your fault.

I was hit hard with another thing last year too. My dad who’s been the only parent who’s understood me and been there for me through everything was diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer. I’m scared of losing him. The reality is hitting me hard since I can physically see him going down hell and there’s nothing I can do to change it, take it away, fix it. I’m forced to live with the fact my mom is pretty shitty for the most part, my dad is dying and I’m not really close with any other family members. There’s just my young daughter, my dad and myself and I’m afraid of it just becoming my daughter and I. I feel the pressure of having to truly live and go through things alone whilst supporting my only child. If you’re wondering where her other parent is, don’t bother, they aren’t worth it. They don’t want her. I’m the only parent who’s ever loved her and plans to stick around for the long run. There are many a times where I feel like the universe is playing some cruel joke on me and I hate it. I know many people say life wasn’t meant to be easy, but I hate how bad it’s been and I wish so hard that things were different.

I guess those are the main reasons why I haven’t written anything in so long, despite writing being one of my main passions and outlets in life but I spend most of my time just trying to keep myself together because I cannot afford to let myself fall apart.

8 Likes

i feel for you im so sorry

3 Likes

Owwww, im sorry for you :frowning:

The same thing happend to me, I nealry got kiddnapped and r*ped . Sometimes I think I am so stupid that- :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: Never mind, but the best thing is that this all is over

3 Likes

I feel so sorry for you, and I know I’m only a stranger but if you ever need a listener I’m here. Wishing health for you and your dad <3

3 Likes

Bump

1 Like

@Judly @Rilley_writesSTORIES @Tamara.Episde I don’t really know what else to say apart from thank you. :sweat_smile:

Feel like I’ve ruined the vibe of the thread… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@Rilley_writesSTORIES That’s awful and you’re definitely not stupid. Please don’t ever think that. I’m sorry for your experiences.

4 Likes

Bump

You should have just told your crush you liked him.

3 Likes