What is the youngest age a main character can be?

You read the title.

4 Likes

i don’t think there’s a limit really but episode prohibits characters younger than 15-16 on covers/obvious kid like objects like swings and stuff

then of course, it’s be awkward to have a toddler as babies as MCs imo but rugrats made it work!

in this community, i feel people think 13-15 is as young of an MC they want since kids younger then 12 aren’t allowed on the platform however, feel free to expand these horizons or old and young MCs :))

3 Likes

Thank you!

Any age that can talk. (And have a meaningful conversation)

4 Likes

i have a nonverbal 10 year old as a main in one of my stories, whoops haha :face_with_hand_over_mouth::woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

2 Likes

The guidlines actually say 13

2 Likes

Oh, okay

2 Likes

13 and plus?

1 Like

16 years old, for obvious reasons such as relationships. :blush:

13 years old in general.

Quote from guidelines:

1. Stories cannot feature main characters that are under the age of 13.
    Additionally, we do not allow characters between the ages of 13 to 16 to have sexual relationships of any kind. They may state that they have a romantic interest (such as a crush/significant other), but cannot engage in sexual activity. If you find a story with any of the aforementioned content, please report it immediately to us here .
5 Likes

I know the minimum age is 16. But you can easily “bend the rule” by starting off with your mc being 16 and mainly have flashbacks from childhood if that’s what you want to do.

1 Like

I’m not sure honestly!
But what i do is that i have my 17 year old MC and i show flashbacks of when she was a 13 year old child!
I think the minimum would be 13 but you can easily add flashbacks to show your MC when she was a baby or a little kid!

3 Likes

My MC is 23 years old but I have added some flashbacks from her past when she was 10 years old. Even I am not sure what should be the limit so I decided to add flashbacks looking at the plot of my story.

Wasn’t this an old guideline? I can’t find these guidelines in the updated ones…

2 Likes

Skip to the end bit.

1 Like

I mean… it depends on the role you want the MC to play. Like in the case of the high school/teacher cliche, it is NOT okay to have the MC be under the age of 18. But I think that if you have like an action/adventure story where the MC is off exploring the world etc, then it’s probably fine to have them be on the younger side. In terms of what age is too young, I’d say 13 (plus, it’s in the guidelines as mentioned above). It’s just… I know it’s supposed to be a story, but it’s hard to make it realistic. I know that when I was 13, I really didn’t know too much about the world, nor was I really in any position to do much about it.

1 Like