What is this? (Update?)

I know, I’m sooo disappointed! I hate these new emojis so much, that I’m refusing to use the new ones and will possibly give up on them altogether!

3 Likes

Same tho

1 Like

So I don’t know how I feel about this… :wilted_flower::tulip:

2 Likes

Hi all. Fiiirrrrsstt…this is regarding the forums so I don’t think General Chat is the correct place for it. Second…yeah, this has been brought to our attention. I think this is something universal and done by Discourse themselves as an upgrade to the platform. If you have any suggestions of emoji’s that you would like to see please leave your requests and feedback in the Forum Emoji Request Thread. Sorry for any problems that this might have caused, was a surprise to us too.

Here is a list of the current emoji’s that have been added and show up under custom emojis. At this point none of the emojis in the other categories have been replaced by the forum team.

13 Likes

Dangit well I tried. Thanks

1 Like

Moved to Site Feedback since this is about the forum itself. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

3 Likes

Welp can @Jeremy or @Sydney_H close this

2 Likes

Closed by OP request. :smiley:

Reopened since there seems to be a demand that Discourse bring’s back the original emoji’s.

9 Likes

Hi, and thank you triple driple much for clicking on this thread!

I am making this thread because the majority of the people I’ve spoken to today either dislike or absolutely despise the new emojis. No kidding, call me a drama queen, but I teared up this morning over the new emojis.

So many of you guys’ favourite emojis are ruined, now. My caterpillar emoji just doesn’t look right anymore :bug: and @Keisha.B’s sun is wrong :sun_with_face: and the pleading emoji! It was so cute and now look what it’s been reduced to :pleading_face:

Let me just show you these monstrosities:

:smile::wink::bug::money_mouth_face::smirk::thinking::face_vomiting::lying_face::dizzy_face::confounded::imp::kissing_cat::pleading_face::relieved:

So if you want the old emojis back, the good old simple emojis that everyone loved, please show your support by liking or commenting! It would also be super appreciated if y’all could tag people who you know hate the new emojis like I do.

@k.w.episode @QueenChid @16AngelCat @Zustin @AlissaGrace @DazzledSnowFlake @BerryGoodGem554 @K_ArohaExo-L @The_Corgi_Queen @amberose @Cassandra_Dean @EliseC @BadassSaasha @Chocolate_Mama @OreoBiscuit @epi.uwu.queen @Mashia @sofia2 @leslie_giselle @KerriStrwberry @Keeko

15 Likes

You forgot this :pleading_face:, ex mommy.

2 Likes

Haha I don’t hate them. I didn’t even notice.
:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

#BringBackThePleadingFaceEmoji

D8F556AE-A8A6-44E4-BA3B-D8FD98D655BE

7 Likes

Done :joy:

2 Likes

Please bring back the old emojis :sob::sob::sob::sob: especially the smirk and winking one! Pleaseeeeeee in the name of rap snacks!

6 Likes

Please add this one also – :relieved:

it looks like its getting a manicure done rather than being relieved

5 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_hand_over_mouth::triumph::crazy_face:
My fav emojis have been ruined :sob:

5 Likes

:vampire: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
:money_mouth_face:
:exploding_head:
:drooling_face:
What are those?!