What is this? (Writer Portal Update)

So I see this in Writer’s Portal for one of my stories. I haven’t been on the Portal in a while, so this is clearly something new. What does that mean?

It’s in the “View Story Stats” section.

1 Like

Supposedly it’s to represent how many gems readers have spent in your story (through gem choices), however a lot of people are saying that they have a high gem number but never used gem choices in their stories.
I, on the other hand, have added a couple gem choices that I know have been selected, but all my stories show my gems at 0.

It’s an extremely recent update, so I’m sure there are still some kinks to work out.

Yeah, I thought it had to do with gem choices, but I was confused because I don’t have any gem choices in my story.

I mean, if it is an extremely recent update, then I guess that makes sense.

2 Likes

Those gem choices must be from users spending them on not seeing ads

@KylieJay

1 Like

Hm. I thought it was for gem choices in the story to be able to help give authors an idea as to if they were being utilized or not.

Of course, I could be wrong, and it could be from skipping ads. I don’t follow updates as closely as others. That’s just the information I’ve gathered. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Check out this thread:

1 Like

If you have absolutely no gem choices, then it could only be from people skipping ads

1 Like