What is too far in a story?

We all have read some stories that have pretty drastic and dramatic story lines. Sometimes it can be quite controversial. What do you think is too far in an episode story? What shouldn’t been put on the screen?

2 Likes

Cheesy stuff :joy:

1 Like

I don’t really know i love drastic and unexpected things and mature stuff i don’t like teenager stories about bad boy loves an innocent girl

1 Like

Agreed

Moved to Episode Fan Community as this is not related to story creation. Please review the Forum Tutorial before creating new topics. :wink:

Like too far as in human love mating? I think a good stopping point is a fade as the characters start to kiss, but I’ve seen stories where they go a bit further with like ‘and he went lower and lower’ and I personally find that a bit too far, but since I’ve seen it more than once I’m assuming that’s a grey area because it depends on interpretation.

I also find when trouble-teens take revenge against their parents (in stories) a bit uneasy for me because it’s often personal and more violent.

7 Likes

I agree with @FallenAngelNight13 on the first part. Don’t go any further than kissing, please. PLEASE don’t go in details with all the sexual stuff - it’s too inappropriate and if the reader really does want to know what’s going to happen, I’m sure they can imagine it themself.

4 Likes

I think as long as it’s tasteful and has a warning at the beginning of every scene to let people know what is going to be seen it’s ok. Also an option to skip if you want so like you aren’t forced to watch anything to continue the story. I think maybe episode should employ a rating system so like people know just in case a person doesn’t know to have curtesy things like skips and warnings for people. I am a fan of dark subject matters in stories but I can completely understand if like other people aren’t.

3 Likes

I don’t like it when they go far like that either. I don’t want to have to watch something like that with people around me.

2 Likes

I believe all scenes that are sexual should either stop at the kissing or put a read scene or skip scene button. Also, agree on the whole revenge on parents thing I’ve seen a lot of people take that a little too far.

3 Likes

I’m writing a story about a girl who becomes a rebel, and she does end up going against her dad later on, I’m not left wondering if I should still be doing that or not. She doesn’t become a rebel in spite of her father it is just to solve an internal conflict she takes it wayyy to far. But it’s not all serious, so I’m wondering if you would still read something like that?

2 Likes