What is your BIGGEST forums pet peeve?

When people can’t say fucking please or thank you when requesting help/getting help.

18 Likes

When you’re flagged for the wrong or no reason. :expressionless:

24 Likes

Bump!! I hate when ppl randomly ask for ‘r4r’ n go off topic 🥲

12 Likes

I am guilty for that,
but I have a reason, I ask for a particular genre and people keep sending me stories of every genre, and I hate that!

I’m sorry!

11 Likes

No no! I meant when someone comes into an art shop/ any other topic that’s not related to story promotion n goes ‘r4r?’ I’ve never seen u do that :heartbeat:

8 Likes

Oooh sorry my bad

6 Likes

I dont know if this might offend some people, but I find it quite… I dont know what a polite word to say this is… but ‘cheeky’ when people post an ‘art contest’ for someone to make a cover for their story for them with ridiculous rules like ‘must be super realistic and drawn’ , and expect it for free just because theyve labelled it as a ‘contest’ with a promise that you get to be a character!

I think if you want a high quality cover for your story you should be paying for an artist’s time.

26 Likes

Umm when you answer someones problem and then someone else answers with the same thing and they thank them and not you. Like excuse me if someone else has said it there is no need for someone else to say it and only thank them. :roll_eyes:

16 Likes

Also!

Not necessarily a forums pet peeve, but literally something I’ve just dealt with two seconds ago!

Had a fanmail message the other day very rudely saying ‘guess theres only 1 li then’ to which I replied that yes, that’s the general consensus of the story. I just received another message basically telling me how to write my own story.

I don’t understand why some readers feel so entitled to tell you how to write your own story, or tell you changes you should make. It REALLY bugs me. If it’s a problem, either don’t read it, or write your own.

This particular reader suggested that I make another character an option as a love interest, a character that is literally like family to my MC, and has been for the whole of her life. Like seriously… my whole storyline is mapped out, why on earth would I change not only the story, but the dynamic between these characters. In fact, the storyline wouldn’t make sense at all to have more than one LI.

Rant over.

28 Likes

I would commission an artist…if I had money :sob:

3 Likes

I’ve literally only started being active on the forums very recently (joined awhile back though), but I already have a few:

• You try to help someone out with their directing by suggesting a change to their script and then they respond saying “it’s still not working” but they haven’t even implemented your suggestion.

• Offering to help someone out with their script and you receive thousands and thousands of lines.

• Seeing the simplest directing questions and repeated questions by the same user when they’ve already gotten ample replies to help them with their issues.

• When you help people and they thank everyone else but you - ‘cause damn. :skull:

• When you try to help someone with their script, but they respond passive-aggressively.

• Seeing threads (and sometimes the posts too) get flagged when they’re in the right categories and not off-topic.

• When you suggest guides and tutorials that would be super duper helpful and they thank you but open another thread asking the same question.

• When someone replies to a thread with the same thing you said. It’s even worse when they do it multiple times—
    I know sometimes they don’t see your post, but I still find it annoying, but I get skeptical when it keeps happening from the same users.

• When people write threads that are negatively directed towards authors (typically posted by readers) and/or more experienced forum users (typically posted by newer members).

29 Likes

Why do som people feel so entitled. Da fuq?

2 Likes

My comment only applies to people who ask for incredibly detailed, realistic, high quality drawn covers that would take an artist many hours to complete.

If it’s just an edit or something then it’s a different story.

3 Likes

It really wound me up, usually I’m really polite and just kill them with kindness and brush it off, but I had to try really hard to contain my frustration this time around!

3 Likes

Yessss :clap:t3:

Art is a luxury product. There r loads of incredibly talented editors/artists in art shops that will b happy to create a cover for someone, so asking someone to spend 7-12 hrs creating something for u w no payment in return is quite disrespectful, unless they r offering it for practice or smth :white_heart:

10 Likes

yessss this one!! I’ve done so many r4r and tell me why so many of them dothat??? they don’t even end up read the story ugh

2 Likes

When your topic gets closed because a topic from 3 years ago happens to be similar.

15 Likes

I hate when threads get closed for absolutely no reason. Like, there was no reason for it to be closed??

9 Likes

threads usually close after a month i think
I guess its to prevent the forums getting so full that there’s no space or something

oh oops i meant a month after the last reply

8 Likes

Threads asking questions when answers can easily be found by search or watching a tutorial.

8 Likes