• Catholic
  • Atheist/agnostic
  • Believes in god but doesnā€™t have a religion
  • other

0 voters

2 Likes

Sikhism :blue_heart: :orange_heart:

4 Likes

What about Wicca or Paganism? Shintoism etc? And Native American religions too?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a really cool religion.

4 Likes

I chose ā€œotherā€ in survey so I thought that it would be fitting to expand my answer with a comment.

By my parents choice when I was an infant - Christianity

My own choice - Slavic Religion (includes mythology, multiple gods & godesses, witchcraft etc.) :hugs:
also, I forgot to add - I believe in Karma so I always treat others the way I would like to be treated, with kindness, no judgement.

3 Likes

that sounds really interesting!

2 Likes

Thank you, sweetheart :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Iā€™m an orthodox :heart: :serbia: :montenegro:

4 Likes

Hard to say. I was raised a Catholic, been agnostic for years, and only now Iā€™m starting to catch up with God heyy :point_right:t2::sweat_smile: :point_right:t2:

I mostly consider myself a Christian because itā€™s familiar and easier for me to understand God that way but Iā€™m not into all of the coded rituals, prayers etc. I consider my relationship with God a personal one that I canā€™t really fit into any organized religion. I simply strive for a deep and heartfelt connection with God in a more universal approach, however bold of a claim that is.

Also a few things on the poll. A Catholic is a Christian, just a specific kind. And if you included Catholicism I think you should include all kinds of Christianity, but also Buddhism, Islam, etc. So ā€˜Catholicā€™ can be together with ā€˜Christianā€™ imo.

Agnosticism and atheism are very different concepts. You are agnostic when you question the existence of (a) god, when itā€™s a constant dialog within yourself to determine whether itā€™s there or not for you. Being atheist means that you do not believe in the existence of any god and itā€™s quite a certainty. Soā€¦ maybe donā€™t put them together? :sweat_smile:

And as others said, thereā€™s way more religions in the world that deserve recognition, so perhaps consider adding other options or another poll to include as many!

4 Likes

Iā€™d argue Iā€™m mostly agnostic, as ultimately I cannot get myself to believe in any higher powers, nor am I capable of outright denying their potential existence. I believe that to be something humankind is entirely incapable of proving or disproving, so it all comes down to taking a leap of faith when making your choice.

That said, I do have a ton of sympathies with my motherā€™s religious beliefs. Itā€™s a kind of Neo-Sami Shamanism which has seen some resurgent movements in an attempt to keep the Sami Inheritance alive. Since our history hasnā€™t been quite as nice as others, as is typical of indigenous peoplesā€™.

Very simply explained, the Sami faith is animistic. It says thereā€™s a soul in every object, animate or inanimate, and that one should treat the natural powers with kindness, as if it is apart of ourself. That is the very, very, very simple and short way of explaining it as it is a Polytheistic religion, and they tend to be convoluted. Thereā€™s also a ton of knowledge lost to time, thanks to the bloody Christening of our people.

I donā€™t entirely subscribe to that belief, but I do hold onto it as a traditional part of myself ^~^

ALSO I agree with Malannee on the split of Agnostic and Atheistic. The two lifestyles are largely different. The outright denial of an Atheist is often something a questioning Agnostic finds distasteful, and likewise the Atheist might find the Agnosticā€™s indecisiveness despite the scientific proofs to be pathetic. Thereā€™s also the subgroups like Theistic Agnostics, Atheist Agnostics, etcetcetc.

Agnosticism isnā€™t really a faith, while Atheism can be argued to be one.

3 Likes

In my last post i left out some by accident so this is the improved one

Select your religion
  • Atheist/agnostic
  • Christian
  • Muslim
  • Jewish
  • Wicca/pagan
  • Daoism/Taoism
  • Buddhist
  • shintoism
  • hindu
  • sikh
  • follower of native american religions
  • follower of african religions
  • other

0 voters

Other: reply with your religion!

So cooool!!

2 Likes

Thank you, hon :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I just like the concept youā€™re with hun!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.