What is your Sexual Orientation?

What is your Sexual Orientation???? Dont worry People wont be able to see who voted for what

If you think I am stepping out of line by asking this I apologize from the bottom of my heart I did not mean to offend you in anyways . I am just curious.

• Straight
  • Bisexual
  • Gay
  • Lesbian
  • Other

0 voters

4 Likes

I’m asexual :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah what is that…i mean I’ve heard it before but briefly…something about (and correct me if im wrong because i know i am) non-sexual feelings or something

It means that you dont experience sexual attraction towards anyone of any gender identity. You can still enjoy having sex or have a sex drive, but you arent specifically sexually attracted to your partner. There are asexuals like me who just aren’t interested in having sex, though.

There are other asexual identities, such as demisexual, which means you don’t experience sexual attraction unless you are emotionally close to someone, or grey-asexual, which means you are only very rarely sexually attracted to someone. But thats not exactly the same as asexuality, just under the asexual umbrella.

This is seperate from a romantic orientation, which is who you are interested in having a romantic relationship with, and from aesthetic attraction, which is finding someone beautiful/handsome/nice to look at.

I hope that explains it. I’m open to answering any questions, as long as they aren’t offensive. I’m a pretty open person, and if more people talked about asexuality, I would have heard about it sooner and not spent so much time feeling confused and broken. So maybe someone whose asexual and doesnt know it will read this and understand themselves a bit better.

6 Likes

I’m straight, I’ve had crushes on anime guys and fictional characters, but I’ve never had a crush in real life. I have never had sex and I’m not going to.

3 Likes

Is there such a thing as…not wanting to feel attraction even if you do?

1 Like

I cant think of anything specifically. Maybe a form of Akoisexual, meaning you feel attraction, but dont want it reciprocated? Or, reading your other post, you could be sex-adverse or romance-adverse, or maybe aromantic. Hmm. Could be a combo of heterosexuality and aromanticism with being sex adverse? So you are sexually attracted to men, but not romantically attracted, and dont want to have sex. Oh! Theres also Autochorissexual, which is a disconnect between sexual feelings and acting on them, essentially experiencing arousal and attraction with no desire to act on it. Maybe that fits?

Personally, my romantic orientation is up in the air, so i’ve looked into this kind of thing a lot looking for answers. I havent had a crush since i was 12 or anything close to romantic feelings in like nine years, and though i want a romantic relationship, i just…dont have those feelings. I cant figure out if I’m Aromantic, Heteroromantic or Panromantic :sob::joy:

4 Likes

Im learning a lot of new words today :astonished::astonished::astonished::thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

When you get into the asexual side of attraction, you learn a lot of new terms :joy: for example, on the other side of asexuality, you have allosexuality, which is basically the term for people who DO experience sexual attraction, such as bisexuality, heterosexuality, pansexuality, etc.

3 Likes

Thinking i should have called this thread Sex Education 101

1 Like

I’ve had many crushes, but I’ve never wanted to “date” them. I’ve more wanted to be friends with them. I’ve always never wanted to be in a relationship and I still don’t want my mind to change, even though I’m quite old. I’ve always crushed on fictional characters. I’ve simply never wanted to be attracted to anybody in real life. Idk what is up with moi

1 Like

I find kissing and sex repulsive, but I can’t stop attraction. It’s weird.

2 Likes

If I had a crush I’d never take it further than a crush, and once the crush goes away, I get so repulsed that I actually liked them. I’ve only crushed on fictional characters so far.

2 Likes

Dude, same. I think fictional characters may have just ruined real relationships for me :joy: my fictional crush list is a mile long. You’re not alone!

I’ve only had like, friend-crushes, since I reached adulthood. Just really wanting to be friends with someone. Sometimes *squishes, too.

*squish, from urban dictionary

In the asexual community, the equivalent of a “crush”, but explicitly lacking an interest in forming a romantic couple or having a sexual relationship with the person in question. It does not matter if they are “in a relationship”, as long as you two can have a deep connection. A squish is an intense feeling of attraction, liking, appreciation, admiration for a person you urgently want to get to know better and become close with. It is different from “just wanting to be friends” in that there is an intensity about it and a disproportionate sense of elation when they like and appreciate you back.

2 Likes

My great aunt always says I should marry and start a family. I’m just like “nahhhh, you have to act like a civilised person then.”

1 Like

I’ve always hated the thought of moving in with someone I’m attracted to or even looking at them.

1 Like

Def. sounds like sex-averse and romance-averse to me, maybe with some autochorissexual thrown in. But you know your own identity better than anyone! Thats just so similar to my experience. I’m sex-averse myself. The idea is just…bleh, to me. Not interesting. Boring. Kinda gross. And i hate open mouthed kissing to the depths of my soul. But if someone else is into it, good for them. Just not for me.

2 Likes

not the only one.

3 Likes

I have a friend who is, last i heard, marrying and moving in with his platonic life partner. Both aromantic and asexual, they just dont want to live their lives alone, and they love each other platonically, so why not? Sometimes that sounds like a good plan for me!

2 Likes

I hate sex and I’m a Scorpio and astrology says I love it. Astrology is definitely fake! I hate the idea of kissing anybody apart from a friendly kiss from my mom and stuff.

1 Like