What is Your way of coding?

my way is like the worst way, that’s way my scene’s right now are just crappy! i honestly just think of an idea, make the characters, make the scene’s then see what it looks like and change what i hate :smiley: and then at the end of the chapter i go through everything to see what i want to change etc! i honestly don’t even know everything about my story becouse otherways i get bored :smiley: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I go scene by scene. I add everything as I’m doing the dialogue but all my notes are on google docs.

3 Likes

Moving this to Directing Helps and Tips since it’s about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Write out dialogue, do the coding last. It takes me forever to get to the coding part lol but the writing is my fav part, so fun :wink:

2 Likes

I code and write as I go. Like I’ll spot everyone, write dialogue, then code directing, etc. Go back and forth and fix speechbubbles, add music. It’s all haphazard tbh

1 Like

I write all the dialogue first, then I convince myself that I made progress so I take a few days break. I do some basic directing next (like adding animations, spot directing, speech bubbles…), then I take another break lol and go back when I feel like to play with zooms, overlays and stuff. The last two things I do is creating outfits and adding music, because I find this the most boring part, but at this point I can get myself to do it since I know there’s not much left, which makes me motivated to publish.

4 Likes

idk about everyone else, but i do everything in 1 go lol! i do this bc i have a short attention span, so if i just stuck to one thing for like not even 5 minutes, i would get very bored. i find that doing it all in one go gets ur imagination and motivation flowing! i also like to do music last, since its not that important,
but anyways, something that i keep doing is that
I KEEP STARTING NEW STORIES
yes… its a bad habit… i’ve written at least 4 first episodes for 4 dif stories, and never finished any of them. the one i thought i was going to publish, i didnt. im very afraid that my directing is too simple! i read stories such as wardogs and fine line and they have AMAZING directing, while mine looks, bleh. but at the end of the day, the dialogue between characters can really make up for simple directing.
bye!

2 Likes

Haha it’s so difficult not to make multiple stories though cause the ideas just keep flowing! All you gotta do is push through and add on to the story you think has the most potential :sunny: Too true, dialogue is everything!

1 Like

i just dont think and start coding and it turns out good but i have writers block so i look for motivation and start coding again

1 Like

Dialog… then actions then scnes. Music last. Then feedbacks. Then go on to improve as much as I can :rofl:

2 Likes

omg! your like me!

2 Likes

hi love ur pfp

1 Like

thank you! the story im doing now i swore to myself that i’d actually publish for once lol

2 Likes

thanks i love your toos, crybabies team

1 Like

It depends usually first I make a scene…if there is the crowd in the background I first place them and after the scene is ready I place the main characters…helps me when I see them to think about what they are talking about.
Than I usually write the dialogue (no animation) because I got inspiration what the characters are talking about.

Then I start to ad animation to the talking character check-in in preview and then adding animations to other characters. I ad music as last I use it for the atmosphere and also use sound effects .like braking glass sound when somebody tells something shocking.
Usually, after this or in between I am adding the zooms .sometimes I am than mad on myself because I have side characters already with the script that they change animation but you do not see them because the zoom is only on speaking character.:slight_smile: So unnecessary work.

I check everything often in preview and change if necessary…unfortunately often comes idea later what to add to the dialogue or so so I redo it often.

I also do not write continuously…sometimes I am stuck by one scene and have no idea what are the characters saying there so I skip it and work only on what I know will be for sure there placement walking in atc…and than work on next scene and go back to this later when inspiration comes.

Sometimes stupid thing happens that I have later better idea for plot and I have to go back and check al dialogues of it fits… as mine character goes for interview and than to party… but later I realized I need her to go the part not the same day as interview…so I had to check previous dialogue where I talk about going tomorrow to party and change it to Saturday so…it is bit annoying but I hate illogical things and try to maximally avoid them…therefore I am sooooooooooooooooo slow writer .:confused:

1 Like

It took me a really long time to figure out how to code. This is the easiest way I have found:

1. I write a summary of the episode I’m about to write, so I can base my script on it.
  2. I write the script in a Google Doc in the format I would use to code.
    Example:
    MOM
    I love you, sweetie!
    LINDSEY
    Ugh you are so annoying, Mom.
    When doing this, I will write the setting of the scene as each scene changes, but not the actual backgrounds name used to code. Like I will write “they go to the beach” then write out the dialogue they use at the beach. This makes it easier for me to know where to put the backgrounds when I am actually coding. Also, if something happens like two characters kiss, I will write “they kiss” or something like that so I remember to code it.
  3. Once the dialogue is done in Google Docs, I copy and paste it into the actual episode creator.
  4. I go through and add all the animations, backgrounds, and overlays.
  5. I spot direct my characters and add zooms.
  6. I add choices.
  7. I add transitions, music and sounds.
  8. I spot direct the speech bubbles.
  9. Then I go and test my story and fix any errors!

The way my brain works is by doing one task at a time. I can’t just write and direct as I go, because it would come out super sloppy and wouldn’t look as good! But some people can do it that way and write amazing stories. Just depends on you!

2 Likes

Good way of coding but would get irritated about that unnecessary work part haha. I know how you feel when it comes to changing the plot slightly and having to adjust dialogue to fit it Dx
Are you writing in LL?

Welcome to the community btw :laughing: Wowza that sounds like a lot of work though! But an efficient way of coding and getting it right :+1:

Yeah in LL.

1 Like

Thank you! I have been using the fourms to learn to code for about 6 months, and decided maybe it was time to make an account. :joy: That method works for me, but props to everyone who can just code as they go! My mind is so scattered :crazy_face:

1 Like