What keeps you reading an Episode story after chapter 1?

Hey guys so I’m currently working on the second chapter of my story and the question popped into my head; What keeps you reading an Episode story after chapter 1?

Is it the characters? The chemistry? The humor? The writing? The directing?

What is it that keeps you reading a story?

Feel free to use examples from your story to explain or tips to help new authors or writers out! :grin: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

I find If the story super enticing and good directing…it keeps me reading💕

I hope this helps💕

1 Like

Plot and grammar are huge for me. directing doesn’t bother my reasons for reading if zooms and spitting are really off-then i stop. If i feel like it drags on, i’ll stop. I’m just picky in a way :joy:

2 Likes

the major thing for me is plot: Is there something for me to look forward to in the next episode? does the episode leave me on a cliffhanger guessing?
If the plot is good enough i usually ignore a few grammar and spot directing mistakes.
I usually don’t like when authors literally ignore adding layers when using layers and the characters look weird. And I like a normal paced story, not fast paces when it abruptly hurries through most scenes :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I totally agree with what you guys are saying a lot of what I continue to read has good directing because that she makes the plot line even better :yay:

I love it if it ends kind of on a cliffhanger that’s actually interesting. Also, if I like a story, I usually read the other ones by the other so I know it’s good, or I read stories with lots of reads. I do like to find small authors and their stories, but what keeps me going is the characters and just the flow of the story.

1 Like

Of course curiosity :blush:

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Grammar, directing and the most important thing: a great plot. If the story keeps me captivated from the start then the rest must be really good, don’t you think? It’s true, sometimes that is NOT the case, but yeah. The directing isn’t THAT important, but if the zooms are all messed up, or the characters are badly positioned, or the speech bubbles are placed in weird places, etc etc etc… I’ll loose the motivation to read the story. Side note: Spelling errors - not a fan of those. They are a big turn off when it comes to my motivation to read a story. I can always ignore one or two, but when I see many of them, I just… give up. I know this doesn’t bother a lot of readers, but I guess it’s one of my pet peeves…

Sorry for the big text :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For me it’s:

• an original story idea
  • well developed, likeable characters
  • authentic dialogue
  • the aim of the story should become clear in ep1 (Where is it going? What’s the goal? What does the MC want?)
  • accurate spot directing, speechbubble placement, and grammar/syntax/spelling
  • respectful and truthful representation of other cultures (please no blue eyes for black characters or monolid eyes for non-Asian characters)
  • cliffhanger at the end that makes me want to continue instantly

Some of my pet peeves that will make me stop reading:

• author introductions (especially those kind where the author says things like “This is my first story, so I’m sorry if it sucks.”)
  • customizing dozens of characters at the beginning (LIs, best friend, mother, father, brother … ugh, gimme a break)
  • the male LI being almost two times taller than the female MC (it’s just weird af)
2 Likes

The way they write and word stuff,
the cliffhangers
the plot
the events
THE GRAMMAR
the characters
everything,
the author

1 Like

Thank you guys so much for the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good directing and original plot make me keep reading :black_heart: :blob_hearts:

For me I like to feel like I’m the character in the episode so I guess good description and DEFINITELY good spot directing otherwise it triggers me :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :kissing_heart: :blob_hearts:

Being enthusiastic about the plot, diversity, good directing, the cliffhanger that makes you want to read more

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.