What kind of cover photos do you click on?

Hi, I’m writing a story right now and I’m trying to draw a cover. I want to know what makes you click on a story. Like in a cover do you want the characters kissing, Hugging, talking, etc? And like do you like drawn pictures? I’ve already got 3 designs but there not finished and I wanted to get people’s opinions befor I finished them. Thank you for reading this lol

4 Likes

i think the cover should relate to the story plot like what’s goinng to happen so the viewers know what’s going on

3 Likes

I cannot stress this enough - but characters posing back to back is my absolute weakness. Romance, fantasy, comedy, doesn’t matter. Two characters being back to back on a cover will get me to click no matter what :joy:

7 Likes

I’d say depends on the genre and the plot.

2 Likes

I most often have a tendency to click on drawn covers. I feel it is a little more professional and shows that the artist works really hard to make that perfect story. A good DRAWN cover has the correct shades say your character you imagine her with a more peachy undertone you will keep your colors revolving around those red colors. Say your name has a meaning behind it what color really shouts out to you when you think about the background of that name. Keep your story like a web and really try to connect everything with no loose ends that also means your cover.

3 Likes

I dunno :woman_shrugging:t4: Looking at my favorites all the covers are different. It’s a mixed between drawn covers and edited covers. I guess it depends on the aesthetic, to be honest. Typically covers that have a blurred background and is a bit on the darker/gloomy side.

2 Likes

I click onto drawn covers for some reason
For me if story has drawn cover it’s perfect story

1 Like

Drawn or edited, doesn’t matter. But it has to look aesthetically decent and not awkward.

1 Like

Ooh tell me about the plot
And “kissing and hugging” sounds against to the new guidelines :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here are my favorite covers from stories I have read. I like seeing cute covers, professional covers, or covers made by very skilled artists!
image image

2 Likes