What kind of covers and description do you like? u.u

I mean, when your looking for new stories to read what kind of covers and descriptions make you say “I want to read this story.” or which one make you say “Nope”?

I’m not asking because I’m not good at choosing those, nooooooo

1 Like

It isn’t really the covers that turn me away, it’s defo the description! I know that English isn’t everyone’s first language but when I have to fill multiple gaps in only the description for it to make sense then it’ll turn me away. I came to read, not to play guess the word :confused: This one author had her story proofread by multiple people and yet it still had mistakes :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes I can agree with you. English is not my first language and I find it very difficult to understand when there are spelling errors.

1 Like

I look at the covers and decide whether it would be the type of story i’d like to read, like bold colours or dark colours and whether it’s romance or horror… you need to make that clear in the cover and then finish luring us in with a mysterious description. I totally agree with @jess2112 about spelling errors it just ruins the affect of the story by making us need to figure every second word out and reword sentences (gramma too).

3 Likes

You mean like the description makes you think that the story is a mystery but it isn’t?

1 Like

Sort of… its like throwing us a clue about the story just enough to allow us to imagine if we would like it

1 Like

So you like description that- well- really describe the story. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for my lack of being able to describe stuff but yeh

1 Like

When I see covers with half naked characters or summaries that just describe how hot the characters are that’s a big nope for me.

5 Likes

The word limit for description is hella short. I struggle so much to put everything together. I want to complete the sentences, but I can’t for the word limits.

5 Likes

Same, and I’m not good at summarise things. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:sweat:

1 Like

well I look for a spicific genre I kinda only wanna read fatasy, but if I read wherewolf or vampire, its a nope. I want lord of the rings not twilight

I know we all say dont judge on the cover, but honestly we all look at covers when we pick a story, though personally I am more likely to tap a good edited cover over a bad art work.

also I really dont like wage description, yeah sure that criptic sound cool, but I got no idea what this story is about so why should I read it?. I wanna know what it is I picked up here. it dosent have to be super detail, it just have to give an idea of what this is.

2 Likes

right

Thank you

NOPES:
Really bad, un-grammarly, messed up description.
Title isn’t catchy.
Cover is bleh or just not my taste.
YAYS:
Good art. Like hand drawn. Guess I’m just picky.
DESCRIPTIONS, yes. They have to be juicy and NOT have any missing punctuation marks or I’ll just skip it right away.

2 Likes

Actually, it is really ironic and surprising. What we state here would be totally different from the trending section but when we published our covers, end up picking and eventually higher reads would be all the covers and descriptions that are in the trending section or similar to it. That’s why it is hard to change and say…

1 Like

I do agree, it’s kinda confusing.

1 Like

I like covers with simple yet cute art, it doesn’t need to be extraordinary but one like that works fine. I like when the descriptions are very described and specific. (also it needs to have the term LGBT in there lol but that’s just me)

1 Like