What kind of stories are missing from the App?

Yes I agree!!!

1 Like

My story is called Mei. It has a Japanese lead.
There is so much room for growth and yes I am writing because I love it. Reads obviously boost motivation at times but I just want to write so I do it.
You should definitely write what you are interested in. Honestly I never thought I would write an action story but life takes it turns and I am and I enjoy it. Just do what you love. You shall find success.
Some parodies are great.

Yes - more for older readers, maybe written by older readers/writers too

1 Like

A lot of older writers too end up writing cliched stories at times.

I’d like more sci-fi as well. Also, more stories that don’t have romance. If there is romance in a story, I’d like to see more healthy relationships as well as more relationships where there’s a clear emotional connection without the focus being mostly physical.

5 Likes

Ah that’s right. I heard about your story. It’s an action story? What’s it about. I agree about writing what you are interested in. It makes it more enjoyable and easier to write.

1 Like

I’m an older reader and writer, so probably that is why I commented on that too.

Yeah anyone of any age can fall into that trap.

1 Like

more romance for 25+?

I think you have it all wrong

Huh? What do you mean?

1 Like

Romance for 25+ years age, there is SOOO much of that really that’s the only genre i ever see on the front page nowadays if that makes sense

Hmm I never thought of the ages of the characters. I am not sure if they are old or young, it is usually just the cliche pregnancy or gang stuff I remember.

My story is about a Japanese girl who is a fighter and is being stalked and instead traps her stalker by playing along his game.

I try not to get into that trap. As much as possible. Like I don’t mind having a pregnancy in the story for story purposes only but I wouldn’t Base a story off of it. And people show pregnancy as a casual things but it’s something so pure. And authors fail to execute that part.

2 Likes
  • I’d like to see more real action stories, not just a girl and a gang and it was labelled “action”.
  • Normal and cute romance. Sometimes life has already drama enough and I need something cute so it can appease my soul.
  • Well characters development.
2 Likes

Well I’m currently writing a story about a small gang of thieves on the wrong side of life that get caught up in something way bigger than themselves, so you could probably count that as action. :upside_down_face:

I’m tired of the ‘pregnant by my teacher’ and ‘falling for the bad boy’ type stories. Enough romance, more sci-fi, action and adventure. Like I do love a good romance, but when every story revolves around it, it gets tedious.

3 Likes

Sound interesting to me! Can you give me the name of your story so I can check out? I like real “action”, not a girl is kidnapped by a gang then the leader and one of his best minion try to fight over her and they call it “action”.

1 Like

Good points and your story sounds interesting.

1 Like

Your story got recommended to me when I was looking for stories with Asian MCs =)
It’s in my favourites and I’ll be checking it out soon!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

I hope you like and enjoy it. :blush:

1 Like