What kind of theme shleves would you like to see?

They didn’t make a Jewish Heritage shelf despite of the mass appeal! It would great if they had one next year :sparkles:

5 Likes

Personally, I would love to see a shelf for authors that have disabilities. Since I’m an author on the Autism spectrum, Disabilities have been done too and I think Episode should do some newer themes.

Maybe a shelf with MC that give or were given a second chance? Idk, if that’s been already a shelf :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Personally I’m fine with Hidden Gems being a shelf multiple times a year. I do honestly feel that Episode has been much, much better with including “hidden gems” on all their shelves now, but I think it’s nice to have some shelves purely dedicated to this.
You can say it’s not really a theme, but then what about Editor’s Picks? Wouldn’t the same thing apply there too?

But I agree they need new topics because hasn’t Hot Pursuit been done before? Disabilities has too, but I don’t think that’s possibly going to be an annual shelf?

3 Likes

That’s not a theme either. Aren’t those just chosen on high retention?

And yeah Hot Pursuit and Disabilities were shelves that were there last year too. That’s why I think there should be some newer themes since they’re just repeating them :joy:

1 Like

I thinks so and also ratings at the end of chapter 3 I think?
So you’d get rid of Hidden Gems and Editor’s Picks and stick to themes if given the choice?

There’s actually an international disabilities day isn’t there? In December? Which is why I think it’s annual.

1 Like

Yeah I think this is 3rd December

And lol I don’t think they should get rid of them, but I feel there should be better “theme” ones. They are just repeating many themes now from older shelves. I guess there are no contests they’re running out of ideas for themes.

3 Likes

I think I answered this before on a similar thread, but definitely something for Father or Mother’s Day, like stories centering on families or parenthood.

6 Likes

I feel like for hidden gems they should lower the maximum reads a bit since 20k is already a lot IMO… as for shelves: Sci-fi for sure. And I think they should get rid of the Hollywood one b/c it’s honestly So unnecessary since most of those stories fit under drama or romance anyways :woman_shrugging:t5:

7 Likes

I thought of another theme shelf that would be cool: Historical! Stories set is past time periods anything pre-1900s :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’d like that but I wouldn’t want to leave out the early 1900’s. Lots of good story material then.

I think a Roaring Twenties shelf would be cool. :grin:

2 Likes

I second this, but I would prefer this shelf once we get some assets. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh, true. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know I’ve said this before the For the Fam shelf came out, and I haven’t read the stories yet, but I was kinda thinking about stories with protagonists who are parents, but not pregnancy stories you know :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Rom-com shelf :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck::palms_up_together:t3:

4 Likes

Some brainstorming (mentioned and not yet mentioned)

• Historical
  • Sci-fi
  • Utopian/Dystopian (No. I don’t want my story shelved again, don’t worry)
  • Stories with more than one MC (like, groups of friends etc)
  • mistake in identity stories (probably very badly translated but I hope you get me)
  • mean girl as MC stories
  • Professional women (Focus on business environment)
  • supernatural
  • Highly intelligent MCs
  • Semester abroad stories

I was just popping out random ideas that came to mind to start a conversation. These aren’t all on my wishlist.

9 Likes

Bump because they are repeating another theme from last year :eyes:

1 Like

Bump because another theme from last year is being repeated :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Either new beginnings or something to do with roommates.

1 Like