What languages do you speak? Any suggestions?

Hi thank you for this thread :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I speak French and English
And I would love to learn Italian :relaxed:

1 Like

I’m greek as well heyyy!! :blob_sun:

3 Likes

Omg hiii! :smile: :heart:

2 Likes

I’m Malaysian Chinese. I speak Chinese, English, Malay. I’ve considered learning Japanese because of anime :joy:

3 Likes

I speak English or gibberish :lol:

3 Likes

I speak english, spanish and Norwegian, but are learning irish! It’s quite similar to spanish when it comes to verbs, so it’s not that difficult if you have had spanish before. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Ah! I’m planning on adding a character who would be of Mauritian descent!

4 Likes

Oh wow :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

I speak Turkish. My english isn’t very well :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I suggest Russian, it sounds great!

3 Likes

I speak Hindi, Bengali and English duh and a bit of French (Just starting out)

I would probably recommend French because with a good course it’s very easy to learn :grinning:

2 Likes

My native language is German, my second language is English. Also, I’ve been learning Finnish for 2.5 years, but it’s a really difficult language :sweat_smile: The grammar is so confusing… I can do some small talk about irrelevant things, but not in-depth discussions on serious topics. I have to admit, if it wasn’t for my boyfriend, I wouldn’t have started to learn it in the first place! :joy:

So, you are not missing out on Finnish that much. Romanian sounds pretty cool, too. I’d learn that if I were you! :smiley:

3 Likes

I speak Portuguese, Spanish ,English a it of French, japanese, Mandarin and i’m learning Korean

3 Likes

French isn’t super hard. It’s phonetic so there’s no weird pronunciation

1 Like

Yay Germans!

2 Likes

Well everyone has a different opinion :sweat_smile: of course it isn’t super hard but there are some pronunciation that are hard so yeah, but it’s totally fine if you have a different opinion :grinning:.

2 Likes

Yeah true. I think the r’s are the hardest part.

1 Like

It’s hard at first but it gets easier the more you learn. It definitely helps that it shares words with English. Even though it’s considered an “easy” language for English speakers I’d have to say I find Hindi and Urdu much easier to understand (and I don’t even speak those languages) they share a lot with Punjabi yet I’m learning French and find it more difficult than Urdu and Hindi (not learning them) :joy: overall it depends on the person :yay:

They have a lot of silent letters so you don’t pronounce the endings of many words which can be confusing lol :laughing:

3 Likes

I think it depends on your native language too.

For example, Chinese, Japanese and Arabic are harder for english speakers that Chinese would be for a Japanese speaker for ex.

That’s the reason why I find both easy to understand :yay: and being passionate about a language helps too :100:

1 Like