What laptop are you using to code?

I’m currently searching for a new laptop to buy, because black friday is around the corner and i’m broke. That’s why I want to know what you use to code.
The laptop shouldn’t be too slow, because that can get annoying when coding and it also should be able to work fine even if it’s used for multiple hours a day.

Since I’m basically broke, I don’t think I’ll be able to buy one for more than around 800€ ($936).
It would be nice if you guys could help a girl out, thank you very much!

10 Likes

i think my laptop was atleast $700 but my mom paid it off every month or i think she just used her credit , it’s pretty good i’ve had it for like 3 years , it’s a windows series/model 10

1 Like

and i usually use my laptop like almost the whole day and it doesn’t work slow so yea :slightly_smiling_face:

Dont know what is the cost but im using a lenovo thinkpad had it for years now so it’s pretty old

1 Like

How is the quality? Is it generally fast? I’ve been looking into Thinkpads but idk

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely look into that more

1 Like

I use an HP 12gb RAM 2TB space. It ran really good when I first got it but then I spilled water on it and when trying to fix it, I ruined the fans so it messed up but it does more than enough for writing/directing/etc never any issues. I use BlueStacks to preview my stories on my laptop while coding (basically an app that lets you play on your laptop as if youre on an android phone, it takes a lot of RAM to run) and never had issues.

2 Likes

I write on an old HP spectre, I think I got it back 8 or 9 years ago. it sounds like a cat hissing whenever I try to use any sort of internet connection, and I got legit burns on my legs from it back when we had full-time virtual school. ugh :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Any laptop should work, I’m pretty sure.

I’m using an Acer chromebook, and it works just fine for me.

1 Like

Funny, I’m actually using a Lenovo ideapad :upside_down_face: I also use a second monitor.

1 Like

The quality is pretty nice, heard Lenovo has the best systems and I have had it for years and the only complication I had was entirely my fault Accidentally spilt water on my laptop :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m using HP, idk how much it’s cost

1 Like

HP just got it 17.1 inches $700+

1 Like

I got mine for 220 after tax and it’s a dell chromebook 11 (3120) It works great for me!

1 Like

rn i’m using the newest macbook pro (13”) but that might be out of ur price range lmao

1 Like

desktop windows 7

1 Like

This one belongs to my dad’s work, once 5 yrs past they gave him a new one and forgot about this one, so he gave it to me :joy: Plus my mom claimed my old one so I’m happy. I’m on a mac

2 Likes

do you happen to know the exact model you’re using?

1 Like

Uhhm, not sure. Here are the specs.

It’s a non-touch screen, all black on the outside (Including the hinge things) and about 1-2kg

2 Likes

I’m using a Lenovo and it’s great!
I got it for my birthday and I’m pretty sure it was on sale so I’m not sure how much it cost (Also I’m in £)
It’s really light, it’s fast and the battery is great!

1 Like