What makes a basic MC?

So I’m writing a new story and unsure how to present my MC? Does a certain look make a MC basic or what annoys you about some MC’s?

4 Likes

I always get annoyed when the MC falls for the ‘bad boy’ or it overall just very ignorant. Or if the MC goes through a ‘transformation’ and they basically only change their looks. Not their mindset or schedule, just their appearance.

6 Likes

Okay, thanks!

1 Like

When the MC is so over her knees for the basic ass bad boy or when they want to be the new “Queen Bee”.

5 Likes

Upturned Feline eyes, Blue or Green eyes, Full Round lips, Elven or Upturned nose.

5 Likes

Beach Waves & Straight Hair :haircut_woman:

3 Likes

I think what makes a basic main character is when the main character has only strengths and shows no signs of weaknesses. -And by weaknesses I don’t mean crying after someone bullies her.
For example, my main character has many issues and weaknesses. One of them is that she can’t open up to people easily and lashes out a lot as a way to deal with her issues.

6 Likes

The MC who faints All. The. Time.
“Omg the bad boy looked at me.” Faints
“Omg I don’t know who to choose!!!” Faints
“Omg the bad boy stole my bra!” Faints

15 Likes

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

“Omg two boys are fighting over me!” Faints
I always wondered why the family never questioned the MC’s health

6 Likes

When an MC has no personality. They’re just there. Small little details can make personality. Clothes say a LOT and when the MC is a basic bitch loser in high school in a story and she wears the most fashionable clothes, I just get annoyed. Like why the fuck is she getting bullied??

Dialogue also shapes personality. No explanation. :smiley:

1 Like

I hate it when the MC is physically incapable of doing anything without a man. Like gurl! GET YOURSELF TOGETHER!

6 Likes

I immediately thought of this

4 Likes

Hahahaha

1 Like

This applies to me so much, I always do that in CC stories :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Basic male LI has Peach skin, Medium Sharp eyebrows, Generic Short hair, Brown Round Piercing eyes, Chiseled Square face, Button nose, Blush Smirk lips.

5 Likes

:skull: Hit the spot.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I am basing this off of someone on Instagram who posts screenshots of stories; they customize their love interest to look like this every time.

2 Likes

Lorde!

3 Likes