What makes a good cliffhanger?

I never published a story before, im currently working on one right now and I don’t know how to make a good cliffhanger for it, sadly :sweat_smile: Does anyone have advice for me? :heart:

1 Like

The two main ways for cliffhangers to keep readers/viewers coming back is to either involve characters in a suspenseful, possibly life-threatening situation, or to feature a sudden shocking revelation. Cliffhangers are also used to leave open the possibility of a character being killed off due to the actor not continuing to play the role.
Wikipedia

Check out this site:
How to Write a Cliffhanger.

I get it. thanks for the help @LaurelleE27

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any of the Creator’s Corner subcategories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

@Sydney_H May you please close this thread?

1 Like

Stakes stakes stakes! We won’t care about the cliffhanger if we aren’t led to believe that the bad outcome is possible! I’ve read stories where it seems like nothing bad ever happens to the characters, so i stop caring about the cliffhangers. We need to see things go wrong from time to time!

Also, give us enough hope beforehand that we’re thrown off when it happens :blush:

Thanks for the advice. ^^

Closed by OP request. :smiley: