But do you prefer comedy in the story or, nevertheless, drama? Honestly, I love stories with TONSSS of drama. But it has to have lots of funny moments as well! So why not both? Haha. Romance is a must though, but then again I’m a hopeless romantic.
Are the main characters still at school, university or have they already finished? Since I’m a bit older than most of people on Episode, I prefer those who have finished school/university already. University is fine though, I’ll read it. Heck, I’ll even read high school stories if the plot is read-worthy! But just to inform you, a few weeks ago I made a poll on my Instagram and most people prefer young adults characters (18-25yo).
Are the parents divorced, together or do they even play a role? Anything is fine, really! But a character who’s in a good relationship with their parents make my heart really warm so yeah…
Pregnancy stories? Gang stories? Honestly again, mafia stories are my guilty pleasure… Haha. It gets old easily, but as long as you can have a different take to it, why not?!
Any other criteria?
- Realistic characters! No Mary-Sue, please. No one is perfect, duh.
- And I kinda love it when the MC is a little meanie lol. Not badass. Mean. MEAN.
- Customization! As a writer, I kind of hate customization but as a reader, I just can’t bring myself to read a story when I think the character looks ugly.
- Meaningful choices!
- Funny guys ARE THE BEST but we rarely see them as the main love interest! We always see bad boys and I’m getting tired of them…
- Realistic stories to complement the realistic characters! More of an everyday, slice of life with our everyday drama. One we can relate to. I’m boring that way.