What Makes a Story Great?

Hey there! I’m currently writing my first story on episode and I was looking for feedback on what you guys as readers like to see in stories. (Ex: duration, overlays, art scenes, etc.)
As of right now I’ve just finished the first chapter and after timing myself read the duration came to between 8-9 minutes (minus the time it took to customize and read the end questions/ credits) would you guys say that’s a decent time?
My story also has overlays, text effects, art, choices, and sound.
Any and all recommendations/ things you like will make my story better and will be much appreciated!
Thank you!
-Libby D.

2 Likes

In my opinion your chapters should at least last 10 minutes without CC (cuz some ppl don’t CC at all).
For me a perfect chapter length is around 15-20 minutes but there are ppl who prefer shorter ones.
I guess with 10+ minutes you should be fine :slight_smile:

I personally love art scenes but not too many. sometimes less is more :relieved:

Overlays and special effects are always a good idea to make your story more alive and interactive :grinning: try to add some tappable overlays to include your readers.

I personally don’t mind stories without choices at all but if a story has impacting choices, it’s a huge bonus.

In the end it’s only important what YOU want to make out of your story and how you see it :slight_smile: :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely be using your advice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally, as a reader, I like 15/20 minute episodes. That’s minimum I really don’t like wasting passes on something that is only 5/10 minutes long. A reader can always resume that episode where they left off. If you ever make a longer episode I would recommend you prepare your readers this way if they are in a hurry, they can make the time a little later.

As a reader and writer overlays are a godsend especially considering a lot of poses in an advanced story need to be customizable. Backgrounds need to be customizable as well so like I said overlays are a godsend.

One thing I look for when reading a story is good art. I love love, love good art. when I am picking a story it really helps when I see a good nicely drawn or edited cover. I don’t know what about it I admire, but it really helps when I am choosing a story. Kinda just gives off a good vibe.

If you are making a shorter episode then it needs to be a very good quality episode or else there’s a larger risk you haven’t hooked your readers.

I don’t know if this helped I figured I could just share a few things with you or maybe a lot lol.
If you want some more help or have any more questions please feel free to reach out. ( :

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to reach out if I have any questions, thanks for the great advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.