What makes you as a reader stop reading a story? (Help for starting a new story) 🌷

I’d be thankful for every response regarding my question. Thank you for your time. :rose:

Summary

This thread’s response is in fact for tips, incase I wan’t to make a story in the future. (As well as others who need advice on this topic). :tulip:

Hey! Good luck on your story!
This is a long list so be prepared.
(This may have turned into a what annoys me thing)

• Basic plot line with no uniqueness.
  • Bad directing.
  • When dialogue has really bad grammar./ Or When Every Word Is Like This.
  • When the character makes stupid choices.
  • When the story has no character development or just development. (I won’t waste my time on a story that doesn’t go anywhere.)
  • When the “Good ending” is by spending gems.

I could list so much more but I’ll spare you.
If you need any help with anything, let me know! :heart:

4 Likes

honestly for me two things that make me stop reading are when the plots predictable (keep me on my toes!!) and when the chapters end in boring spots. i love when chapters end on a cliffhanger and im intrigued to read more (cliffhangers also help so your reader is thinking about your story throughout the day). if a story ends in a boring spot, i find myself not even wanting to read the next chapter because i don’t really care what happens next.

2 Likes

A few things for me are some story that’s exactly like others by that I mean you see another story same thing different title, for example I don’t really like high school stories because they’re all the same as you fall for the bad boy or the bad boy falls for you, I also stop reading when I get bored or I’m able to predict things easily , I like when something happens unexpectedly every few mins or something happens that you wouldn’t see coming in the story, this is why I like mafia and vampire stories because it keeps me expecting the unexpected in a way

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t belong in any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Cliché bad boy
Bad grammar
Boring plot and overly done narrations.
Predictably

I like original concepts, keeping me on my toes, not being able to predict what’s coming… I prefer action, adventure ,fantasy… I never read mafia.

1 Like

Love trinagles
Rushed feelings and for example like when they just meet they are like "there’s something about him that make me feel connected to him " things like these get me so upset because i’m saying you literally just meet the person

1 Like