What makes you choose to read a story?

The cover art? The title? The description? How many reads it has? Clickbait? Let me know, I’m really curious :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just the description.
If it doesn’t sound interesting, I won’t read it.

5 Likes

Cover art.
Description, sometimes.
Style. I won’t read if it’s ink lol.
I also won’t read if the title is questionable lol.

4 Likes

cover and title makes me give it a look. but the most amazing cover art can not get me to read story who has a discription of a story i am iterested in. (i spically hate the subtle one there dont tell you anything just that there is a secreth and self discovery. )

3 Likes

description and title at first! but then if the first episode has a good plot, good directing and unique characters. it also helps if i have to option to be interested in both male and females or if it’s given to me automatically :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First, cover art and title. If they both sound interesting, I will then click on the story. I’ll read the description and the number of chapters, I will purposefully avoid anything over 50 chapters. Then, I will read the first three chapters to see if I like it or not. If I don’t like something within chapters 1-3, I stop reading.

5 Likes

Mainly the description. I care more about compelling plot than anything else when I quickly view a story. You’ve only got a few characters, so why not use them to attract people? I sound like I’m promoting clickbait here. Covers are important too, but you can’t judge a story by what the cover looks like. Some are beautifully done and if you want a nice cover then that’s great, but I usually look at descriptions first.

3 Likes

EVERYTHING! NOTHING IS A GOOD STORY without good writing good title good descp good stuff IF IT DOESNT HAVE ANY GOOD WRITING then i wont read
Im sorry but i dont read stories with cc in them
ya’ll gonna kill me for this but I dont like reading in ink
and there goes the war
EDIT:I CANNOT READ A STORY WITH 33 OR 40 OR 25 CHATPERS
like no

3 Likes

Im very specific with what I read, but here’s what I consider when I do:

• Advanced Directing: I know that it’s difficult, but I want to read stories from authors that put in the time and effort.
  • 8-12 minute episodes: I feel like I’m wasting a pass if it’s below 8.
  • Full CC (name + look): I like to feel like I’m in the story.
  • Choices that matter: What’s the point of playing a game knowing that choices will have the same consequences and ending?
  • Not rushed: I’ve read stories where the characters start dating from the 2nd or 3rd episode. Just no. If they’re hooking up, that’s a different story.

Stories I recommend and love that fit the criteria here: Galactic Games, The Infected, Off Limits, Under You, Grid Queen

3 Likes

Title, Description, Plot and Directing > Cover Art, Style and Reads

The first things the reader will see are the title and cover art. In my opinion, a good title is extremely important. It gives the reader an idea of what your story is about Eye-catching covers can be good; however, they’re not a deal breaker for me.

The description is important too. If a writer hasn’t put effort into their description, whether its the wording choice or the grammar, I won’t have high hopes for their story.

Having reads doesn’t mean the story is good. In some cases, the story sells.

Finally, I would read either style because it all depends on how the author portrays the story through their directing and well planned plots.

3 Likes

The vibe I get from it, lol I know that sounds really dumb, but like I feel like I can tell if a story is going to be good even if it doesn’t have a flashy cover or anything.

2 Likes

Description and genre

Anything that is in either INK or Limelight as long as it’s done on a PC.

2 Likes

For me personally, I like a story that has a good description and isn’t too vague but also doesn’t totally give away the whole plot lol Bonus points if the title name is clever/plays into the story! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Description, other people’s ss and recs, and style (prefer Ink).

2 Likes

Well the title n cover art make me consider the story but I won’t read it unless I find the description interesting and if it’s in the wrong style since I almost only read LL heh

2 Likes

First thing I look at is the cover the title followed by description cc helps too.

2 Likes

The cover art tbh

1 Like

I like Limelight, I don’t read INK. Love to read Romance or Drama. Don’t read stories with old male love interest and gay stories. I look for the stories with two and more love interests, cause I want to choose who with I want to be. One Male love interest is so annoying, always looks like a stalker. It’s so creepy.
And… yes, a like bad boys)
No matter how beautiful is cover and how much reading.

2 Likes

Why don’t you read “gay stories” I’m not attacking you, I’m just curious,

I choose what to read based off of the description. Cover is a bonus, it’s at least gotta look like some effort was put into it…

I tend to read the drama genre the most for some reason.

And the first few episodes usually determine If I want to keep reading. I’m not going to read a story if it’s really boring with nothing compelling.

2 Likes