What makes you hate a story?

Share your opinions and we can discuss these things together !

5 Likes

Story that is being rushed. Like, no dialogue, spot directing is messed up. The story is moving at a fast pace. I read a story, that was pretty rushed, no dialogue, no, well, nothing. Absolutely nothing, but I didn’t say anything hateful to the author, just look at some tutorials that can help instead of publishing and asking people to read the story, cause the story had nothing in it. Which makes no sense. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

That it doesn’t have sense or a plot but other things no ‘cause it’ s like maybe he/she is New or doesn’t know very well how to manage it
 Or maybe the story was meant to be like that and I didn’t like it

3 Likes

I can agree with that and it makes me angry because it makes me feel that the author is too lazy to check tutorials and write a good story .

2 Likes

exactly.

1 Like

Yes I also can agree with that like really it isn’t the first time the character is entering a school .

2 Likes

I dont really think this at all (the lazy part). :woman_shrugging: When I was new, I started a story and it had terrible directing and I didnt have a good plan. The difference is that I didnt expect people to read. But I didnt have poor directing because I was lazy, I was just slowly learning as I wrote and taking advice from people as I published so I didnt get overwhelmed. It was a lot of fun and I think it made things much less stressful than having to learn everything before publishing my first story.
Then, my future stories I began planning more and using what I learned for better directing.
There are some people who do awesome on their first story, but I wish more people didnt expect TONS of reads right away. It takes time and practice, and i think readers should understand that as well. :heart:

Things I dislike: Too much info at the beginning about characters I havent grown to like yet. I like to jump right into the story!

8 Likes

Yes, i tottaly agree
 Like my first story is a disaster (High School Problems) but i keep working on it so i can learn more

1 Like

Agree

1 Like

When authors have to kill a main character off in the story just because they want the Mc to end up with the love interest no shade at all :new_moon_with_face::new_moon_with_face:

7 Likes

lmao same! My first story was a tragedy. I have it on hidden because I’m still so embarrassed lmao. But yeah, you’re right. :woman_shrugging: The first story isnt always going to be great :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lol same, my first story was butchered, really butchered, 0 zooms, 0 spot directing becuz idk how to, it was such a mess :joy: I think a lot of people usually have a bad first story which could be avoided if we just practiced with directing many times before publishing a story; I blame excitement :joy:

5 Likes

Sometimes when it drags on too long, like really long, I get bored and just want it to end. I remember one time i was reviewing a story and the episode was super long. I took a break and when i went back to continue to review the episode, the author updated so i had to read it all over again.

5 Likes

I blame excitement too! I wanted to get those first three episodes out so bad that I didn’t care if my story turned out crap :sweat_smile::joy:

3 Likes

I felt that pain on a spiritual level.

5 Likes

Same and it was only 400 lines, so very short and the animations were way off :joy:

3 Likes

I hate when stories go nowhere. This mainly happens with romance stories where the couple gets together too early on but the author wants to keep writing. Then they throw stupid, illogical and pointless “struggles” their way that don’t really add anything to the story. This is why slow burners are best!

Don’t get me wrong: relationships usually do have their issues when the couple is already together. However, when an author frames the story to be about the couple getting together, everything that happens afterwards just seems like an unnecessarily long prologue. Add a little more struggle before they actually get together and then show that their relationship isn’t perfect throughout their “good times”. Then you can make space for other adversity to come their way. Otherwise it makes it seem like you’re beating a dead horse.

8 Likes

Bro yes! Like I respect authors who kill off mcs :clapping: however if it is to push for something like a certain relationship, no. Just. No.

3 Likes

Omg right like if it’s for a plot twist then I support but if u just run out of ideas and the other Mc dies for no reason just coz u wanna end the story makes it seem mad abrupt and it doesn’t look good

4 Likes

Yeah I agree. If you run out of ideas don’t end the story all of a sudden by killing off the character. The only time I think it is acceptable for the story to end with the death of an mc is when your choices take you there or it has been leading up to it.

4 Likes