What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it?

Every time I hear ”anime is for kids” makes me want to roll my eyes since it’s not true.

@Turtle_Cat you feel me right?

Oh and also ”Finland isn’t real”, like what is up with that thing I don’t get it.

8 Likes

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:
I feel you.

3 Likes

“why don’t we have a straight pride month?”
“Oh come on what if a kiss would change your mind?” - straight guy
“Your friend’s an aexsexual? what a sin.”
“Oh your lesbian? oh ok. just don’t hit on me”
“Mayabe you’ll change your mind after a hot guy kisses you.”
“Lesbian women all dress like men.”
“You must hate men!”
“You have online college? how do that work?”
“You must be the reason why your in online college.”
“STOP LYING YOU’RE JUST DOING THAT FOR ATTEION.”
“You forget all the time, :roll_eyes: surrrreeee”
throws table with rage

7 Likes

This girl in my class who used to be my friend her name is mariah I don’t really consider my friend anymore. Yesterday she said if I threw a piece of paper either she would sock me and then hit me with the ruler in a joking way and I threw the paper away. J said she now hit me and I said do it I dare you because I thought she wasn’t really going to do it. She said that no you’ll just enjoy and I said no I don’t care I know I will enjoy it but you said you hit me if I threw the paper at you so go ahead. I said again you won’t as a joke. Then she says in front of everyone during at our table during class (about 4 people heard her) that she says you’ll enjoy it just look at your scars (I cut and she knows). I’m still pissed and I broke down yesterday during class.

2 Likes

A few months ago, I finally had the courage to watch anime, because I was interested but I knew that not many people around me liked it as much. I thought it was an amazing genre and style and I watched many anime after that :slight_smile:

I was just reciting anime phrases under my breath, and I was excited to share to everyone, but my classmate said:
Classmate: Oh, so you like anime?
Me: Yeah, I do! Look, I even know how to say: “Please wait!” in Japanese!
Classmate: Really? I don’t believe you! Say it!
Me: “Says it” (I don’t know how to write it, only say it…so)
Classmate: Pssh! That’s so SIMPLE, EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO SAY THAT.
Me: Well, if you think that, why not you say a harder phrase in Japanese?
Classmate: … No…No…I’m too…embarrassed to say that.
Me: But I thought you said everyone knows that, if you are confident enough to say you know how to speak something more advanced than I said, surely you are confident in speaking it…right? Didn’t you say everyone knows how to say that?
Classmate: I said it before but…just no…I’m too embarrassed.

SECOND SITUATION
Same classmate: OMG, you’re STILL watching anime? Like, the most popular anime period was like, 3 years ago.
Me: (thinking) I never asked your opinion on whether anime is popular now or not. Besides, what I like is none of your business!

6 Likes

“Vaccines cause autism.”
“You’re too pretty to be asexual.”
“If you’re born a man, you’re a man. If you’re born a woman, you’re a woman.”
“You like -insert thing here-? That’s childish!”
And the all-time classic,
“You’re not -insert mental illness here-, you’re just saying that for attention.”

12 Likes

“The most popular anime period was like, 3 years ago.” LOL.

Anime was also hugely popular in the US like, 7 years ago, and 13 years ago, and 16 years ago…

Like literally everything else, it’s popularity comes and goes. There are places where it’s wildly popular right now.

Besides, why does something have to be popular for you to like it? Anime is not only entertainment, but an art form.

(Also, I started learning Japanese via anime. It’s really useful to have something to listen to when you’re learning a new language. Also also, for funsies: the way to write what you might have said might be “chotto matte”, formally “chotto matte kudasai”, or informally, “choto mate”.)

5 Likes

Thank you! That’s useful information! I don’t know how to write Roman Japanese or Japanese characters.

Years of anime with subtitles and Japanese study off-and-on taught me how to write out a lot of words. :slight_smile:

I can’t write in Japanese characters, though. I only learned a little katakana a long time ago.

1 Like

Man the amount of times I hear people telling me that I shouldn’t have been vaccinated because I have autism really want to hulk smash their brains (I apologise if I sound violent). Wouldn’t you rather be safe from diseases than not be vaccinated?

Man this really takes the cake when I hear people say that rubbish. There are people who actually have mental illness and they find it difficult to trust anyone because people these days like to make up stupid assumptions. It’s the people that pretend to have mental illness doing this s**t which gives people with mental illness a bad name.

3 Likes

omg, this actually pisses me off. if you aren’t gonna vaccinate your kids because you don’t want to you never should’ve had kids.

4 Likes

“That’s gay”

11 Likes

“You can’t win that game because you’re a girl”

I don’t know if this is a common belief among little boys, or they are just joking to annoy us; but like:

Watch me.

6 Likes

In addition to

• Where is white pride month?
  • Where is men’s month?

I literally HAD a friend who was trying to advocate for white pride month… I’m just like… BITCH? Then again, this was the same person who called black people slaves (because they allegedly called her a “slavemaster”), said the whole family should be deported along with an illegal immigrant (even if they’re American citizens), and also asked why there wasn’t straight pride month (although she was bisexual). Long story short… she ended up getting my phone thrown at her face. :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

That a good story to read .

Wahh!! I disagree with what your friend said there - that’s horrendous! :open_mouth: I would have chucked my phone too haha!!

IMO though (and it is just an opinion!), I dont think there should be any ‘pride’ month at all, if everyone is equal then it should be just that.

Its madness.

I wish everyone would just let everyone be… :disappointed:

5 Likes

I. Wear make up some time when go church love make up to …I love to read gay story to .

mens month? tf pride month is here for a reason

1 Like

You Look Jewish
No I don’t have a problem when people asume where i am from or if I follow a religion. However it is really annoying when people just don’t get it when I say that I’m not jewish. They even believe that I’m lying :confused: WHY WOULD I LIE TO YOU??
is

5 Likes

You look like a lesbian

… are you for real? (nothing against lesbians)

4 Likes