What makes you want to continue a story

Hello fellow readers,

I’m starting to write a story, And I just wanted to know what makes you guys CONTINUE reading from the first chapter and makes you think ‘‘oooh I’m really interested in the story so far’’, I honestly don’t know how some authors do it.
Is it the personality of the characters?
Is it the plot in general?
The directing?
I NEED AWNSERSSS

There are already some threads similar to this, but I’ll answer anyway :slightly_smiling_face: It has to engage the reader somehow, usually I like characters I can relate too or that I find funny or interesting. I suggest always leaving it on a cliffhanger to keep the reader hooked and to make them want to find out what happens next. Good directing always makes the reader intrigued, but only basic directing can be necessary for a good story. Hope this helps and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Have a breath taking cliffhanger or make the story really interesting so as to keep the reader hooked to it…

2 Likes

Or you can have choices that will affect the story…

1 Like

Yeah, that always intrigues people. I don’t write choices like that very often, as it’s not really my style (if that’s the right way of putting it), but I love it when other people do it :smile:

2 Likes