What makes you want to read a story more?

Hey all. I’m thinking of writing a story. I’m just wondering though about your opinions, on what would make you read the story more. Thanks so much all. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. The cover
  2. The amount of reads
  3. The title
  4. The story description
12 Likes

A great cover, original description, well-written plot, decent directing, diverse characters with backstories, good grammar and spelling. :thinking:

7 Likes

I would say cover and titel makes me look, but honestly most titel because I ignored plenty of stories with amazing covers, and open stories with bad covers their had an interesting titel

but that is just look if the description isnt interesting or really wage, I dont open it.

2 Likes

The title and description, if the description sounds interesting I’d want to read and find out more

2 Likes

Cover and story description :upside_down_face: cover is what makes me click on it to begin with, story description is what makes me want to read it. In my experience, there are a lot of really great stories with very few reads and a lot of stories with a lot of reads that really aren’t very great. Titles don’t really tell me much about the story

3 Likes

Cover is the first thing I see. Then the description has to be interesting enough to open.

2 Likes

Title, description, cover, plot, grammar and spellings, directing, and an interesting end of the first chapter for me to continue further :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cover and the description. I wouldn’t mind if the grammer wasn’t that good since I mess up with my grammer sometimes. I just want a good plot.

1 Like

The cover is the very first thing that stands out, apart from the title. Once you click on it, it’s the description so those two are crucial imo.

2 Likes

The cover and I usually look at the fan mail to see the reviews and stuff

1 Like

If the description sounds unique and uses perfect grammar, I’ll look past a mediocre cover and/or low reads. But I suppose in order to make me click on the description in the first place, either the cover or the title has to stand out to me. I usually scroll right past titles that sound very cliche/overdone.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not a game. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Covers are the first thing that makes me click on a story, and after clicking on it, the story description makes me decide whether I want to read it or not :heart: the number of reads and the title doesn’t really matter (but that’s just me personally :D)

1 Like

For me, cover and description are the things that catch my eyes first. But I only stay for stories with full CC (name, MC and LIs, but rarely if the storyline is good I’ll read without those things) and choices that actually matter.

1 Like

Cover and description and sometimes I go to insta to view the authors ig idk why but I just do it :joy:🤷

I go through the community stories and I look for the covers that catch my eye. I’m 100% more likely to wanna click on a cover that I find aesthetically pleasing. If the description is interesting, then I’ll click. Although, that’s where most stories I’ve started go down hill. More important than anything you’ve listed imo is the grammar/directing/pacing of the story.

1 Like

Now I think about it, most of the “good covers” are usually clickbait or something that you didn’t expect. So I guess it really depends.

1 Like

Well the cover is definitely the thing that first caughts my attention, but to keep it, a story definitely needs to have an interesting and unique description. That alone is good enough to make me read it, but if the title is cool and the story has a higher number of reads it’s definitely not gonna hurt, it can only make it even more desirable :blush:

For me personally I love interactive stories with great directing and important choices. So I look for any “directing awards” stickers on their covers, “advanced directing” or “Choices Matter.” in the description, etc.

Idc if the cover is horrible or the title is bad, is the description is interesting with those things mentioned, I’ll read it for sure.